Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wheres my 98 premo SA

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
i find that my car runs awsome on mobil 1 8000

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
HDT_aero said:
i find that my car runs awsome on mobil 1 8000
i'd assume you have a V6 then. They do run fine on it. But everyone i know with V8s swears by Ultamite, and not a drop of anything else goes in (well, maybe race fuel, but thats another story)

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
youd be assuming correctly...

thow i havnt tried bp cause theres all outa my way

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
My Closest Servo is a Caltex, and its an extra 5 minutes the other way for BP, but worth it.

You must live in the Hills if you can't get to a BP with ultamite, as everyone in the suburbs (minus a few small ones in the Eastern suburbs) all have premo

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
STEALTHY (purplemonkeydishwasher) said:
i'd assume you have a V6 then. They do run fine on it. But everyone i know with V8s swears by Ultamite, and not a drop of anything else goes in (well, maybe race fuel, but thats another story)

Everyone with PERFORMANCE LS1's that i know, im talking 10-12 sec cars all tune on what ever fuel they are happy with, optimax, bp, mobil, hell even the eth based crap from swift.

Fact is Caltex Vortex 98 is a proven winner in the fuel wars, bp and shell both faired equally as bad....

It all comes down to what you prefer.

(fuel war was based on muliple studies using the same brand new car over multiple fuel ups)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
minux said:
Everyone with PERFORMANCE LS1's that i know, im talking 10-12 sec cars all tune on what ever fuel they are happy with, optimax, bp, mobil, hell even the eth based crap from swift.

Fact is Caltex Vortex 98 is a proven winner in the fuel wars, bp and shell both faired equally as bad....

It all comes down to what you prefer.

(fuel war was based on muliple studies using the same brand new car over multiple fuel ups)
so you buy into that media crap too? I'm talking what actual people run their cars on. Maybe the eastern states get lesser qualitly fuels, cause ultamite has to travel further (coming from WA) so its probably stale by the time you's get it.

Even the LS1 guys here use Ultamite. It seems your trying to start an arguement, even though i just posted my opinion and what i actually see.
Go on any cruise in SA, and i garuntee every BP will be full, yet all the other servo's empty.

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM

hmmmm, thats interesting.... My second car was a VR Calais 5L and she loved Mobils brew as apposed to BPs blend. I did have a few fuel blockages which can be put to the fuel, as i had a fuel line overhaul, rails, o rings, pumps and pipes. Interesting. Must have got a bad batch. :bop:

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Even the LS1 guys here use Ultamite. It seems your trying to start an arguement, even though i just posted my opinion and what i actually see.
Go on any cruise in SA, and i garuntee every BP will be full, yet all the other servo's empty.

This is definately true and something i can relate to and back up. BPs and to the same extent Mobils get worked over here in SA. Caltex, Ampol, Fox and all that other clay ppl put in their cars these bowsers are empty apart from shite cars that dont matter what goes in em.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
so you buy into that media crap too? I'm talking what actual people run their cars on. Maybe the eastern states get lesser qualitly fuels, cause ultamite has to travel further (coming from WA) so its probably stale by the time you's get it.

Media crap? Mate it was an independant study by a group of motor enthusiasts. You say guys who have LS1's here swear by BP. As i said i am stating what guys over here run what performs the best. I wasnt starting any argument, i was simply stating what ALOT of people i know use and choose. Its all down to personal preference and more so with LS1's what fuel was used for tuning.

Ive seen cars tuned on optimax then ping to hell when switching to BP or Mobil and vice versa.

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
Hey HDT Aero, What the deal with making yor own thread on the same subject an hour after I made mine ? :w00t: Anyhow as I said in my thread the BP near the crn of Waterloo and Salisbury HWY on last wednesday did not have Ultimate. I had to fill up on Vortex because the two nearest Mobil had no S8000. :mad: