Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which crossovers should I get

Willipede

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 S pac Ute
Hi everyone I currently recently got given a pair of pioneer ds-550a tweeters and I will need some crossovers so I don't destroy them with bass, I have Pioneer ts-g1645r 2-way speakers in my doors already and they are running off my jvc headunit which I think puts out 50rms

I am wondering if I should just buy some things called bass blockers which i've seen on ebay or if I should buy 2 way crossover filters

Thanks for your help in advance and if anyone could recommend a specific brand or type that would be really helpful

Willipede

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 S pac Ute
I've done a bit more research on this thanks to google, and I think what the best option to do would to put an inline capacitor on the tweeters, I still need some help as I'm not sure on the size or rating of capacitor I would need and I can't find any of the specs of my tweeters either

Willipede

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 S pac Ute
Had a look at repco, supercheap, the wreckers and jaycar today and couldn't find any passive crossovers which is now what I think will do a better job anyone know where I can find what I'm looking for don't really want to travel too far so postage might be necessary

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka

dibenedetto

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve wagon
Use as CLOSE as possible to 6uf bipolar capacitor atleast 50 volts.
This will give you x over point at about 6khz.
Thats the ideal point for a car tweeter.
Using a 10uf capacitor will cause damage to your tweeter as 2.8khz is far to low frequency.