Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which do you prefer????

Which do you prefer

• VS Gts - 215kw

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • VT II Clubsport/RB - 250kw

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • VT II Calais - 225kw

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • VT II SS - 220kw

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
Just wondering what majority would prefer... I been looking high and low for a nice car to buy. But I am still trying to sell mine first

(see: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=20184)

Have seriously considered VT II Clubbie, VS GTS, VT II Calais, and if i had the money VY SS... And just missed out on a VX II Calais today for $19k... damnit... (only had 73K on the clock too)

(btw: All V8, only looking at 8's..)

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Go the VT2 Super Sport (SS), matey they pop up occasionally for around 20k, If you want luxury get the calais. The SS will go harder than the calais as well as handle better, but will be a firmer ride. The calais will be a softer car to drive with more goodies. at the end of the day its up to you.

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
I choose the VT Clubsport, not for just the power. I think there close to the best looking commodore ever made. :yeah: How many aftermarket VT Clubsport kitted commodore do you see these day ? Almost every 2nd one.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I'd go the SS, lighter than both the calais and clubsport, spend $3500 on zorst and edit and you have a good 230-240(depending on tune) rwkw car.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Those kW numbers are just at the flywheel, with an equal amount of money I reckon you could get them all going well at the rear wheels.. But my vote is for all of the VT2s as they're all LS1, better unit than the Holden 5.0.. if you're only interested in power that is..

VS GTS would be more valuable as a collectors item if left highly unmodded..

Really depends on what you're looking for in a car!

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I was originally looking only at LS1's, VT2 onwards - didn't really have a preference for model - except wanting something non-standard, and electric windows (hehe, gotten lazy I have!) because of my peer group, nearly everyone has an 8, either 253, 308/4, or 350, but no LS1's and so wanted to be the first. But then looking around and saw the look and power figures for the VR/S/T GTS's and Senator's, got the power, comfort and look - but also the bigger price tag. I like the look of the VT2 clubby, have a line on one for 22K, just got to sell my ride...

Seriously, guys have a look, am I stupid for wanting that much? (I think i have 21,500 on it now...) Bought in august for 18,000, mags were $3,000 and stereo was $2500...

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
You know what car you should buy... that Blue VS Clubsport... with the Motec magic :whistling

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
huh? wheres that?

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
(hehe, sorry, been off the net for a couple of weeks... :p )

B

BOV

VT II Clubsport for sure. It will keep its value much better than any Holden cos its a HSV! Plus the technology it has is better than any SS you mentioned. Clubbies are much special than any Calais or SS unles modded.