Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which eBay IRS exhaust?

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
I know there are plenty of exhaust threads in this section, but I thought we should discuss the 2 main IRS exhaust available for cheap on ebay.

Stelthy says don't bother and get a twin 2.5, but until I want to spend $1000 on an exhaust I want to buy one of these. However I'm really not sure which one to go with. I'm leaning towards the Redback system, as I'm worried the other one will be quite quiet with 2 mufflers. But what if the Redback system drones with only 1 muffler? What do you guys think?

Also, if anyone has bought either of these tell us what you think!

COMMODORE VP VR V6 V8 IRS SEDAN 2.5" CAT BACK EXHAUST - eBay, Other Car Parts, Accessories, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 04-Jan-09 20:57:18 AEDST)

Holden Commodore VP VR V6 V8 IRS Sedan Sports Exhaust - eBay Full Systems, Exhausts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 05-Jan-09 19:25:05 AEDST)

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
im sure stealthy would agree. do it right the first time. just wait and see if you can get an ebay bargain. my twin 2.5 catback cost me $50 off ebay because i kept searching

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Out of those 2 exhausts i would be going with the single muffler one. 2 mufflers would be too quiet i would imagine.

5lt caprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq caprice 5lt,02vx executive v6,87 vl commy rb30
ive just purchased an exhaust from scotts rods very happy with it

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Out of those 2 exhausts i would be going with the single muffler one. 2 mufflers would be too quiet i would imagine.

I have the redback system with the propper exhaust at the rear. Sounds great and zero dramas from the police.

Reaper

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
why not look for a used twin HSV system.

zerodown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SSII A4, VSII CLUBSPORT M5
Just my opinion and experience but if your not living in outback Australia I'd hit up a few local pipe shops. They will spend the time getting the sound you want and if your lucky to turn up on a quiet day they should offer you a deal to good to turn your back on.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
why not look for a used twin HSV system.

i would if i could find one, but they don't come up every day. i guess they would be getting pretty rare now, i've been looking at ebay since i got my car and i haven't seen anything in vic worth getting.

Just my opinion and experience but if your not living in outback Australia I'd hit up a few local pipe shops. They will spend the time getting the sound you want and if your lucky to turn up on a quiet day they should offer you a deal to good to turn your back on.

i don't think the sound i want will come out of a single system, but i will go to one when i want a dual system made up. for now i'm just looking for a good cheap system

ibs87

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 Vp Calais 5.0l
jus get cat back system fitted up single 3' always sounds good. and only cost around $400-$500..Put some hot dogs and rear muffler and sh'ed do the deed till u wateva u want to get.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
Levy, try this joint (he does have an ebay shop, but the ebay is abt 20-30bux extra) im sure he is located in carrum downs.
Exhaust Shop .Com.au