Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which engine for VL Wagon

Which engine for Vl Wagon

• Total voters

TURBO_VK

Panel Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Turbo, and vl wagon v8
Which engine for VL Wagon???

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Hahaha thats a hard one. I wouldn't put a Holden 308, Holden 202 supercharged or a rb20 in it. Any of the other engines would be good fun.

pumba

OMR346
Reaction score
Website
www.mh-performance.com
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
202 is old school, and there not the best motors... RB30 is a standard VL motor so would be the cheapest option, but are still a standard motor... RB 25 and 20 have been done over and over again. if u wanna go a 355 or 383, i reackon use a injected 5.0Ltr as a start base...

but i voted for 350 chev. mainly coz u dont see that as much as the other options. or another option is go all out and drop in a LS2... or a LS7 ;)

TURBO_VK

Panel Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
202 is old school, and there not the best motors... RB30 is a standard VL motor so would be the cheapest option, but are still a standard motor... RB 25 and 20 have been done over and over again. if u wanna go a 355 or 383, i reackon use a injected 5.0Ltr as a start base...

but i voted for 350 chev. mainly coz u dont see that as much as the other options. or another option is go all out and drop in a LS2... or a LS7 ;)

If im going a v8 its gotta be carby i hate new school injection on v8s i would rather have a carb 308 over an injected 5.0 anyday its just my personal preferance tho, and it gives me the option of if i go supercharged v8 to have it hanging out the bonnet :yeah: , im mean if ya going to have a super charger why have it under the bonnet??? under the bonnet super chargers are just gay

TURBO_VK

Panel Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
haha good point. as i said, go for a 350 chev :D... big hi rise manifold, big carby, BIG cam, and all the rest of the go-fast-bits :D

yeah a 350 is a good idea but what things will i need to make it drop in and work??

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'm not going to vote for anything because you should put a LSsomething or Lexus V8 in it :)