Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which is better you decide but specify why!

Which car shall he buy ...?

• VS Commo

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Vt Commo

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • VS Kitted Commo

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • VT Kitted Commo

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
VS with kit *drool* they look so much better than a standard Vt, and the only kit that looks like the VT has a kit is the clubby much chunkier and sexy ;)

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
beckrey said:
im not knocking the vs they are probably a good car too but be realistic the newest vs you can get now is almost 8 years old.

Not exactly. The newest sedans or wagons are 7 years old, yes, but as far as i know, the kept making VS utes up till 2000.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Definately the VT, they look better, much more modern styled than the VS. As for problems with series 1 VT's thats news to me too, havent had any major probs with ours, just small things which were fixed under warranty. BTW what engine u lookin at getting V6 or V8?

dellarb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SII CV8 Monaro
Yeah the VT1 was a body change i dont know if there was much done mechanically coz theyd pretty much perfected the ecotech on the VS it was just minor mechanical changes i would have thought with the brand new body keeping them busy for the change.

dsvtss

Reaction score
Personally I'd go the VT, but hey I own one, i would say that. The only real problems I've heard about in ths VTI is the power steering pumps, but hey, I don;t think I've ever seen a power steering pump on a holden NOT leak. Essentially the running gear in the VTI was the same as the VS(V6 and V8), except the 5L was upgraded to 179Kw, but the VSIII ute was built along side the VT untill 2000 when the VU came out. The only thing is that the early VTI t6end to be a bit less economical than the later one's, cause they were a bit too heavy to start off with, and the VS is a much lighter car so it would be a more economical drive.

Hope this helps

P

pordoski

what a pissa.. i own a vt sedan and a vs ute.. ummn it really depends on what you want to do with it.? the vt feels heavier to drive.. but is more comfortable. performancewise the same due to being the same running gear except the irs. (diff) both have been really reliable, the vs fuel pump is getting a bit noisy, but thats about it.. when purchasing either look out for leaking rear mains. and dodgy steering racks. any way both these vehicles are good.. it all comes down to what u need it to do, ????

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I would think it i is quite simple. The VS Ute would be better if you have to carry lots of big bulky items however the VT Sedan would be better for carrying around 4 passengers.

If we are talking about sedan vs sedan etc I'd probably go for the VS over a VT1. The early vt's were quite soft in the body and went thru rear tyres very quickly. Mechanically they were quite similar.

Michael

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Go the VT. Had mine for over a year now and never given me any trouble. Just have her serviced when due, chuck in some fuel and drive her like there is no tomorrow.