Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which model vs

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
My VS2 Executive has the low fuel chime, automatically switches the headlights off when I open the door and the handbrake chime if I start driving with the handbrake on. Maybe these came with the ABS and second airbag option which are the only "upgrade" options fitted to mine. I think a lot of Commodores have features which we didn't know were there.

V

VS355

my vs v8 exec s1 with abs but no air bags has the auto head light off with door open, fuel and handbrake chimes.....

G

GeorgeB

champ i got a 97 VS S-Pack Series 2, and to be honest with you, i love it but if i were to go bak i'd get a berlina, acclaim or executive.. That way you can do it up yourself starting from scratch...

i have put quite a bit of money into my VS already man so its up 2 u...

plus there much more attractive to thieves man, and also more of them will be in worse condition because there not as common as your other models...

but man on top of my list if i had the money and all. id get a V8 without hesitation..

goodluck..

let us know what u get...

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
Pretty much get a good car thats in good nic, remember its easier to install power windows, or climate control than it is to have an engine rebuild or rust problems (not common on the VR/VS i know, but even still). Go for something like a Berlina or Calais, but if you could get a mint Exec or Accliam cheaply it might be worth going that way.

Execs are apparently a grandpa's car, so there probably havnt been thrashed to much, i do know some pretty full on grandpa drivers though... :my:

Keep your eye out, when i was looking for my car i would check auto trader, carsales, carpoint, carsguide and have a look what everything was going for. write down the prices for each model, makes it easy to spot a real bargin.

R

ROONEY

Thanks guys for all your help , ended up buying a vs exec station wagon 5 sp manual duel fuel very clean car with vtss rims.

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
arse hole, you found a manual commo! grrr i looked for months for a manual V6 vs

crainy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
yer me 2. i ended up buying a auto, all the manuals were screwed or to expensive. u got lucky m8

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
Slighty off topic

Sorry guys but this is slightly off the topic.... but anyway

How come when i asked how much my commodore was worth (VR V6 Manual wagon, 133,000kms, Custom interior (new carpets, all panels sprayed black (looks better than the calais)), 17" rims i think they are the GTS ones, you know the real common ones?(all new rubber), new steering rack, new steering pump and pipes, new water pump, new pully, New 2 1/2" Exhaust system, New windscreen, 6 stacker CD sound system, New clutch, Flushed radiator, New power antenna, New spings and shocks. The engine is in great nic and drives well (no oil leaks, no oil loss etc).

Basically i brought this car for $5k and spent $4k and about 200 hours working on it (lost my licence for 2 years, 2 days after it was registered i was excited and took it for a burn on the calder freeway and got done at 189kms...anyway) The car is mint. I changed anything i found that was slightly worn or not working as well as it should. There is nothing wrong with this car at all. It would cost $66 for a roadworth (cost to get it written).

Anyway people were saying i would be lucky to get $6K for it. Wouldnt a car in such good condition with so much work done to it be worth a little more? I didnt even get a chance to drive it hard :cry: yet everything has been fixed on it. I just didnt want to have spent $9K and many hours on a car i dont get to drive, and only get $4K back for it. This is the one time someone selling a car has a REAL reason to sell, not because "my grandmother in france is dying of cancer and i need the money to go see her, This car is perfect etc etc etc". I have the receipts for everything and the police notice showing my loss of licence.

If you were looking at my car what would you pay for it? Or more the point what do you think i could get for it off carsales?

Cheers