Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

which radiator from ebay?

bloodyricho

Bloody Richo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr V6 Equipe (hare) and VE SV6 (tortise)
dude that seems to be a good kit it has every thing, couldn't see the little black metal clips for the 4 bolts in the pic but u can take them off old radiator. generaly no instructions. disconect the wires for your fan on the left side of radiator- black clip. undo the 4 (i think) bolts for your fan and shroud. two auto lines put the bottom one into a coke / beer can. u will need a little bit of trans fluid to top up after. undo top and bottom radiator hoses. don't drop coolant on the olds lawn lol. fit radiator in reverse to above. dude its soo easy don't over tighten and if you are worryed about it being looose check it after you take it for a spin. if a 4.3 ltr V6 can run cool with these rads then so can your 3.8 and ps I've seen 3.8 run no coolant for 160km's over the blue mountains and still survive

bloodyricho

Bloody Richo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr V6 Equipe (hare) and VE SV6 (tortise)
ps use the ground wire it will stop it all happening again (green wire)

joeyd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN EXEC

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Yep, same mob I got mine from and still going strong 2 years later

I'd be curious as to how important the green earth wires are as well because I've installed the same radiator in 5 other VN-VP Commodores without the wires and none have had any issues

As long as the radiator is sitting on the rubber mounts I don't see what connecting an earth wire will achieve (maybe someone can enlighten us both)