Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which speakers should go where?

Richie217

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 R8 Clubsport
Getting the stereo from my old VR installed into the Clubby and have decided to upgrade the rear speakers in the process. Having Ricebarn (through a third party installer) install next saturday much to my relief as I'm going through withdrawals, system in the Clubby is rubbish atm.

System details are:
Kenwood Mp3 Headunit w/- USB
Soundstream Tarantula SST6.5
Rockford Fosgate P1653
12" 500wrms dual voice coil Clarion in ported box
800wrms Response mono block amp
4x100wrms Response amp

I'm fairly nub when it comes to sound systems and am really just chasing advice on which speakers should go in the front and which should go in the back? Obviously I want the better speakers in the front (I'm more important than the passengers anyway right ;P).

Also is it better to place the rear speakers in the door or in the parcel shelf?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I would put the Soundstream's in the front doors and the Rockford's in the rear doors.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
With the above, however i would do one thing which i beleive would bring a noticable difference.

Because the SSt's come with a pssive inline crossover unit, i would disconet the tweeters and run a seperate set. Even something like these from Jaycar, http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=CS2211&keywords=tweeter&form=KEYWORD would offer a noticible difference when compared to using the coaxial mounted tweeter, due to the ability to mount them higher up, rather than having your mids and highs all coming from the same location in the stock door location.

Anyway's that's just my opinion, other may have different thought's on that idea.