Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which style of OTRCAI?? for SSV UTE

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I thought the cops had an issue with any OTRCAI... MAF or otherwise. Is that just a QLD thing? That's been the only thing putting me off getting one (that and the finance minister! lol)

If I did a search, that question has probably been answered 50 times! lol

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
There is nothing the cops can do with a MAF OTRCAI, it is still within the vehicle manufactured specs, so they look at it, drewl and let you go, but only if it is a MAF, with MAFLESS they can give you a defect due to emisions, as the manufactured air has been modified, I have had a cop crawl all over mine, and the only thing he thought he got me on was rim height from standard. I haven't heard from him since.

G8GT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESS
I have a DUSPEED otr on my wagon, very happy with it easy to fit and looks factory. I think he has one now where you can run with the MAF.
Cheers

what about in rainy weather is it safe ?

azzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 9.5 SSV Sportswagon M6 & 08 prado D4D GXL M6
what about in rainy weather is it safe ?

Nah no worries at all in wet weather, never have i seen water anywere near the filter. I liked the look of the DUSPEED one and he is excellent to deal with he can paint it to suit your car but mine is in matt black so it looks like it came fitted from the factory.

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
I have got the VCM Suite OTR and I can not see how any water would get anywhere near it, you would have to be going really fast in torrential rain, and I mean torrential, but if you are doing that then you are nuts anyway.

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
+1 for he VCM unit. I also have a VCM one but mine looks different to yours pictured Hulk. Mine is a slimmer looking unit that is polished black plastic/ fiberglass.

Cocopopz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY9.5, VL LS2
Dynomotive in Baywater Victoria do a carbon fiber OTR for the VE's, This is what im getting. Its a real nice peice of work. Ill get pics up in the comming month of it.