Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which tablet to buy ?

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
Nexus 7 = 7" screen, latest pure android OS with all the updates, quadcore processor, 1GB of ram and only $250. Don't worry it missing a camera, people that take photos with tablets look very silly imo :p

mattyfaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
Nexus 7 = 7" screen, latest pure android OS with all the updates, quadcore processor, 1GB of ram and only $250. Don't worry it missing a camera, people that take photos with tablets look very silly imo :p

They look retarded.
I have a nexus 7 and an iPad(3rd gen) but I definitely prefer to use my nexus 7. Its a fantastic little thing, especially for its price, I'd recommend it to anyone wanting a tablet.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Is the seven inch screen big enough to watch video / youtube type of stuff in a reasonable quality or is it just too small ? That's the main reason i was thinking at least a 9 inch screen

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
I've just got a galaxy tab 2 for Christmas, I wouldn't get a iPad just cause it's synced to one pc an a galaxy is any pc, just my opinion

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Is the seven inch screen big enough to watch video / youtube type of stuff in a reasonable quality or is it just too small ? That's the main reason i was thinking at least a 9 inch screen

Why don't you go for a drive to Harvey Norman or something and have a look. Least then you can hold it in your hands.

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yeah we are going today, just good to get real life user opinions rather than just a 2 minute demo at the shops.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Are you running ICS or JB on that SII yet Rep?.

Ummm - whatever it came with???? I really don't have the time nor really care to spend forever tinkering with a phone.

Reaper

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L

For screen size, 10 inch tablets are great on that fact. However, they are heavy. I find the lightness of the 7 makes it worth it.

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Tablet is sorted! decided on the 32GB Samsung 10inch with 3G as well, came in under $500. Figured i might as well do it properly while the Boxing day sales are on.
MikeCuzzy i think you're right on the portability, but i figure it will be used at home 80% of the time so bigger is probably better for the eyes and more user friendly for the kids.
Thanks for all the opinions !

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Fair point mate, and that's basically my old man's logic with his 10inch tablet - 90% of the time he is own the couch and doesn't care. Either way, you made a good choice (IMO) at a good price - hope you enjoy it :)