Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which type of speakers to buy?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Yeah I was definately looking into that, but have been quoted around about $500-$550, for fibreglass with whatever covering I want. Thats a lot of money. If I can make the frame then my dad might be able to fibreglass it for me but I don't know.

Also all of today I was thinking how good it would sound with twin sets of Polks up front, with 8" Kicker mid-bass speakers in the rear doors and the 2 L7s in the boot :yeah:!!

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Sounds like a plan to me....just buy a set of pods from a wreckers and have a go. It isnt that hard to fibreglass, just take your time and check out some of the "show off your rides and install" section on mobileelectronicsaustralia.com.au......heres a link, you should be able to find some helpful info there on fibreglassing pods etc.

Board Message

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
The only problem I can see is that for my plan to work I need to run two sets of Polks off my 2-channel amp. The amp is a ZRS-1502 (150wrms X 2 at 4 ohm, 300wrms X 2 at 2 ohm, and 600wrms at 4 ohm), I asked the dude at WOW if I can run both sets of Polks of this amp as this will give me 300wrms per channel at 2 ohm, but he said something about the speaker seeing 2 ohm and they might not work properly as they are 4 ohm rated. Whats all this??

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
No, the splits will work fine at 2 ohm...ive done exactly this several times without a drama. The only real change will be within the amplifier itself, it'll run a little hotter and draw abit more current....but thats about it ;)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Excellant!! Holdenboy your a hero and you sub-box looks like it would cause earthquakes. If that port of yours was any bigger then you could climb into it. The other use for your port is an industrial size fan.