Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which tyre? Torn between 2.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
nexen arn't bad, same as Nankang NS2 which is now NS20, the NS2 were one of the only cheap silica tyre, not sure if the NS20's are the same. Ive had good runs out of both and reasonable in the wet for the money, holds well, obviously put the power down no hope.

Dylan_11

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs bt1 commodore
achillies is wat i run on myne. they are really good. grip well and last long. good for skids too lol

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
Would you recommend the N5000? I can find them for $94 a tyre.

Ive never used the N5000 sorry, only the N3000 (50,000km use) and now the N6000 ( hope to do the same kms)

I think they would all be the same. I think they are a good tyre. and good price.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Yeah i run nankangs, cost me $900 for a set of 4 in 245/35/19... great grip out of them and the tread pattern works really well in the wet

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
if your gonna be spending that sort of money those two brand arnt the best, the federals are good..

how about going Yokohama's? ive got them on mine either the AD08 $463, S drives $425 or the V103's which i have cost me $450 perform well pretty awesome provide amazing grip have saved me quite a few times from coming off the egde in the hills...although we are talking about a 310rwkw car here but the rears do grip well enough

or the bridgestone potenza's or the Adrenalin's $470

all those prices are fitted and balancing @ bob janes

doccortex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Sedan
Sounds to me like your short of cash. Stick with El Cheapos until on your feet. I like my Fal's. Anything beats the ripoff from Bridgestone

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
Ive used Nankang NS2 and the federals and they both work fine for daily duties and the odd squirt through the hills. Both had good reliability and tread life, cant fault them.

I look at it this way.... everyone has personal experiences and opinions about tyre brands etc so you will be going round in circles with that. If you're using your car for simillar duty as i do (above) then no point in paying stacks for a tyre, despite what some say. Seek the hard evidence, take note of tread wear and traction codes as that can illustrate how durable and how well they will grip. The only tyre i have ever found CRAZY dangerous is a brand called 'Linglong'. God... as soon as they touched water they would lock up and not turn even in normal daily driving. very dangerous.

I have used many different brands, both dirt cheap and crazy expensive. I have never, and will probably never test the limits of grip of any of them. so i choose whatever i going at a lower to mid range price. If they are sh!t, oh well they only cost $100ea

I have just got a new set fitted to my 19's. Brand is Carbon CS EVO from St george Tyre. $106ea for 245/35/19. Cheap as chips but i cant fault them so far. Wet/dry/ hard hills cornering. Put these on cause my Dunlop SP Sports which cost a mint cracked the inside sidewalls with 60% tread still remaining!

Last edited: