Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which wiring kit do i buy?

10oxr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
hi there,
just wondering if anyone can advise me on which wiring kit i should buy and where can i buy it, (Brisbane)
i have an Alpine 350watt rms amp mono running a 300-350watt rms pioneer sub
i have been told 8 gauge is what i need but i want good quality but at the same time don't want to bay the earth, any good brands i should look for ect......so any help would be great
thanks

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Buy the biggest that will fit in the amps terminals (could well be 8awg). I have never worried about wiring brands, but generally buy jaycar wire personally

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Yeah when talking such basic instals, any wiring kit is going to do the job (after all, they are all designed to do the same thing) OP, i wouldn't be putting any emphasis on quality, you won't get any gains out of a cheap kit vs an expensive one. Your only talking about a small amp, and an entry level sub. If your not planning on upgrading anything anytime soon, then just buy the cheapest 8awg, 2 channel wiring kit you can find. If you are planning an upgrade, take your amp in with you, and see if it will accept a larger guage wire. Otherwise your other option would be to run a larger guage power cable, and then use a distibution block (you can get cheap one's for about 15 bucks)

I'm not too familiar with Birsbane, but i'm sure if you did a quick search, you'll find a few car audio stores in the area. Otherwise, even places like WOW, anywhere that has an audio section, will be able to supply you with a wiring kit. Just remember though, stores like those, that aren't dedicated car audio centres, are likely to be limited with knowledge and advice, should you plan on asking a lot of questions when you go in there..

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
An 8AWG power cabling kit will be fine...i use these all the time and never had a problem, good quality for the money.

Whilst im not in Brisbane, any of your local car audio shops will stock 8AWG wiring kits.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
actually, if you want, i've got 4 metres, of 8 awg,and inline fuse, and a 5 metre rca lead laying around and of no use, if you want it, i can mail it to you. I just don't know if 4 metres of power cable would be enough.Let me know if you want it, and you can have it. You'll just need to get yourself a small amount of earth wire, and a bit of speaker cable, and something to use as a trigger wire..Probably get that from Jaycar for under 10 bucks..