Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whining noise on change of gears

phantomsv6ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
hey i have just started to notice a whining noise when im changing back down to 1st gear preety sure i know what it is but just wanted to know if any one else has had it or knows what it could be i have a manual ute

Cocopopz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY9.5, VL LS2
What speed are you changing down to first?

phantomsv6ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
not 2 sure probly from second to 1st so maybe 20 ks but im not letting it go at that speed

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
hey i have just started to notice a whining noise when im changing back down to 1st gear preety sure i know what it is but just wanted to know if any one else has had it or knows what it could be i have a manual ute

So if you figure that you already know what it is, why not share with everyone else. The suspense is killing me.

phantomsv6ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
i was thinking one of the bearings but maybe my clutch is going to cause iv got clutch chatter

bernie_mac3377

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2009
My VE SV6 09 has a whining noise too but only when u first start it and put it in reverse or drive. It only does it when I first start it then it goes away few minutes later. Anyone knows what it could be?

kellett965

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
My VE SV6 09 has a whining noise too but only when u first start it and put it in reverse or drive. It only does it when I first start it then it goes away few minutes later. Anyone knows what it could be?

I had the same problem with my 08 SV6, always whining when changing gears and really struggled on first start up.
It turned out the problem was it was missing 2 litres of transmission fluid ( no leaking found ). Don't know how Holden missed that it only went in for for a regular service 2 months prior, isn't the transmission fluid something they check in a regular service ?

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6

Is it your wife? :D

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
It's the V8 drivers around you complaining about there fuel economy :)