Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whipple charged 304 VS ute

Biglachs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx executive and vs s3 ute
How did you manage that mate? doesn't look pretty but at least its all fixed. What ratio are you running now?

Standard mate, not a single noise to it now aswell even though it's a spool

Biglachs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well this weekend was exciting, managed to change most gaskets in the engine , including changing the head gaskets to proseal mls gaskets for my future plans, I was also able to pin point my oil leak that annoyed the crap out of me. It ended up being a hole in the timing mark pedestal thing, the old balancer had worn through it enough to create a rectangular hole about 10mm x 3mm which would spew out oil when you get up there in the revs.

Now to start saving to make up a twin 2 1/2" exhaust and then to get a 2.4l intercooled whipple kit bolted up

Biglachs

Reaction score
Members Ride
So this weekend was good fun, managed to fit up my fuel system next to my fuel tank, at first I had the pump mounted to the rear fire wall but it seemed to be starving of fuel everytime I went to start it,
ydaMbI4.jpg

So after driving for a night I decided to mount it on the floor of the little compartment, after doing this I couldn't get my car to start(sounded like the bosch 044 was starving of fuel) so I checked the surge and it was full to the brim, so I emptied it and took off the feed hose before the fuel pump and notices this
UhXFML7.jpg
so I quickly cut a new piece of braided line and fitted it all up and re mounted it and this is the final product
5idmxxz.jpg
not long now and she will have a whipple bolted up!!

Biglachs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ps. I bought everything in this pic second hand off of someone, so I will need to replace the 2 45degree fittings with straight ones

katherine84

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
hi just wondering what size nut/bot etc in millimeters and length and did this work efficiently?

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
nice man! exactly how im looking at setting my surge up except I was looking at using a smaller square tank. How tight is it between the top fitting and the panel that's sits over the tray?

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
Nice mate. What brand hose is this?

Biglachs

Reaction score
Members Ride
nice man! exactly how im looking at setting my surge up except I was looking at using a smaller square tank. How tight is it between the top fitting and the panel that's sits over the tray?

It's about 1cm off so it's not to bad.