Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whipple charged 304 VS ute

Biglachs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx executive and vs s3 ute
Went to the drags tonight for the first time ever and I had a blast! First couple of runs were terrible and missed 2nd as it's a prick of a gearbox. I got 2 alright runs in. Both in full street trim, I ran a 12.8 and 12.9. All runs had terrible 60 footers averaging 2.2 seconds. And I averaged 182kph on every run. So I think it has a low 12 in her, just need to get some slicks.
Y9RvQiR.jpg
hPobeE8.jpg

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
115mph is good.
I'm looking forward to your times after the 60ft's improve. (Not that 12.9 isn't great already)

When do you think you will get back to the drags? Keep us updated.

Biglachs

Reaction score
Members Ride
115mph is good.
I'm looking forward to your times after the 60ft's improve. (Not that 12.9 isn't great already)

When do you think you will get back to the drags? Keep us updated.

hopefully going back in a couple of weeks. Changing diff gears before I go next time aswell to 3:45 and will hopefully have some slicks aswell

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
hopefully going back in a couple of weeks. Changing diff gears before I go next time aswell to 3:45 and will hopefully have some slicks aswell

Nice, I am going on Sunday.
Might look at going back with 3.45's and semi-slicks after that if I'm not quick enough.

I will Definitely be keen to see your results improvement.

Biglachs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice, I am going on Sunday.
Might look at going back with 3.45's and semi-slicks after that if I'm not quick enough.

I will Definitely be keen to see your results improvement.

Nice to see you got into the 13's deuce! What diff gears were you running and how were your 60 footers? Il be going down next Wednesday hopefully with some semi slicks. I changed the diff over on Sunday and she is on a whole new level of quick!

Just a quick snip the photographer took of the interior if my car whilst in scrutineering

8O31i8O.jpg

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
2.2 not bad for 19s, man i couldnt get any traction with 19s, literally just wanted to fry rubber my 60ft times were horrible so i didnt bother, just put the ets on. My ute runs out of huff tho lol, built it as a street car tho. With tubs to the rails you could fit a 275 or maybe a 305. I want more traction as at the moment cant use stall off line even with ets it still spins pretty bad. But mainly want the traction for the street if you know what i mean ;)

Biglachs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2.2 not bad for 19s, man i couldnt get any traction with 19s, literally just wanted to fry rubber my 60ft times were horrible so i didnt bother, just put the ets on. My ute runs out of huff tho lol, built it as a street car tho. With tubs to the rails you could fit a 275 or maybe a 305. I want more traction as at the moment cant use stall off line even with ets it still spins pretty bad. But mainly want the traction for the street if you know what i mean ;)

Yeah i feathered first all the way to about 5k and shifted second. Any launch over 2k rpm would just spin. I think i will hit the 120 - 125 mph bracket the next time i go down. These diff gears have made a massive difference, especially when they hook up! I have no idea what tyre to go with, or even what rim to put slicks on :/ gonna do some research over the next couple of days i think

Biglachs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh and i sure will be mini-tubbing her by next year hopefully to fit some nice wide tyres in there.

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
u can fit a 235 et on the rear think thats what my ones are