Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

White Paint???

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Hey

As you know im gettn a white vq shell on the weekend, im just thinkn on what sorta white should i go, like i know there are tones of diff whites u can get im gunna want the brightest one i can get lol if that makes sence. im also thinkn on putting a pearl in wot ur thoughts on that?

Um im just debating on if i should go 2pac or acrylic? one thing is tho i dont think ill be puttn all the panels on untill i have painted them an do the roof an Q/Panels along with the door jam i hate doin door jams. lol

Also id more than likely make my mate paint it as he owes me money so ill make him work it off. but when we did my vk calais in undercoat i dont think we gave it a nice thick coat, is it best to get it thick as u can or doesnt matter with that side of it?

Thanks For Reading

Jamie

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Go Alpine White with a pearl through it.....

Blue or Red pearl.... An use lots of pearl....

Cheers
MaT

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
yeh i like blue but i dont wonna make the car look gurly lol i still want that nice tuff look to it.

C

corvette_tpi

I have had both Alpine White and Polar White on commodores. They are both nice, depending on what you are after. Either would be very nice with a pearl through and if you can afford it go 2-Pac.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I'd personally go with a nice alpine white :) If money isn't an issue, a bit of pearl wouldn't hurt, but I think a nice straight crisp white looks beautiful enough. If you can balance up a nice amount of black/white in the trim, you could be on to a winner. black/white cars can look very aggressive :)

RobMooar

Reaction score
Members Ride
_
As far as your undercoat question goes, if you can get it over there without having funny lisences etc, 2K Fastbuild primer works a treat.. of the boddywork is a little pitted or whatever, that stuff will fill it nicely. get it in gray if you are finishing in white. A light sand before you spray your colour, it'll come up mint