Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

White VY Berlina *Picture Heavy*

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
That amp cover looks sweet bro :)

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
That air freshner makes the audio smell awesome mate :p

When you got a sec, do you mind posting more pics of 'the big 3' conversion

That air freshner has to be worth 2ess ques :p

And yeah not a problem, its a bit dark and gloomy now but tomorrow i'll take some more pictures of my upgrade so far.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pictures of it on comp day?

Cheers
Mat

Missed this one sorry man :p yeah there are a few, i'll dig around then put them up.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
My new headunit has arrived :) Alpine 9855 which will allow me to run my new front stage (more details on this later). The annoying thing is, my car in the panel shop having the rear bar resprayed so I can't play with it yet!
A big thanks to HOLD3N for the flawless packaging and fast postage.

Also have a nice collection of suspension now, I am going to be re doing the suspension a bit, not sure what springs to use yet but I have a lot to choose from. I also have some FE2 shocks with 30 000km on them, and am going to order some polyurethane adjustable radius rod bushes and get a nice wheel alignment. Also deciding to run with the 19x8.5" XHP Modena wheels once I organise some new tyres, for something a bit different.

Springs I have are: (Not all pictured)
Kings Lows (2 x Rear Pair, 1 x Front Pair)
Pedders Super Lows (Front / Rear Pairs)
Pedders Super Super Low? (Ultra?) (Front Pair)
FE2 Shocks
VS FE2 (Rear Pair)

So it will be a lot lower at the front, probably a similar height at the rear if not a little lower, should look sweet with the 19's on.

2011-06-23171903.jpg

2011-06-23170739-1.jpg

2011-06-23170718-1.jpg

Also clicked over 124 000km the other day!
2011-06-19135745-1.jpg

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Hey man, what speakers are u running up front now, still the reison(sp??) or running the soundstreams?

saw b4 u were sayin u goin to get either AD6 or cresendos.

Im waiting to see what i get back from my tax, thinkin about gettin 2x pairs of cresendo MB6 woofers to run @4ohm with my opus 3 tweets n xovers, MB6 are 8ohm wtf?

You would have had a listen to sum cresendos by now around the mea traps?

Opus 3 are very nice for what they cost, sound nice active. They eat my focal165vb's in every aspect n think are cheaper, cant quiet remember :/

Pretty damm tidy ur set up, wish i could be as persistent to finish a job 100% and make cover boards and cable holes in the bracket board

Also those subs have such a tiny motor by the pics, was expecting moaw depth.

What happened with the fg box?

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey man, what speakers are u running up front now, still the reison(sp??) or running the soundstreams?

saw b4 u were sayin u goin to get either AD6 or cresendos.

Im waiting to see what i get back from my tax, thinkin about gettin 2x pairs of cresendo MB6 woofers to run @4ohm with my opus 3 tweets n xovers, MB6 are 8ohm wtf?

You would have had a listen to sum cresendos by now around the mea traps?

Opus 3 are very nice for what they cost, sound nice active. They eat my focal165vb's in every aspect n think are cheaper, cant quiet remember :/

Pretty damm tidy ur set up, wish i could be as persistent to finish a job 100% and make cover boards and cable holes in the bracket board

Also those subs have such a tiny motor by the pics, was expecting moaw depth.

What happened with the fg box?

Hey man, sorry about the late reply

I'm running (temporarily) the Soundstream TRC.6N component set, active (ditched the factory passive cross overs) .. I don't like them at all haha the midbass are OKish but lack a midrange punch, though have a solid midbass punch. The tweeters are not refined and were very harsh, though thanks to the headunit i've been able to cut out a bit of the harshness, though they still aren't refined.

In two weeks i'm picking up some SB Acoustics SB17 midbass to replace the Soundstream, i'll keep using the tweeters until I get myself something better, I'll be having a full format SB Acoustics SB29's or some Seas Prestige .. Or some Fountek's or something nicer haha not sure on the tweets yet.

The crescendo are a very nice sounding speaker indeed, first time I saw some I was very surprised how shallow they were with the neodymium magnets, though they still have awesome output. A very well designed speaker indeed.

What sort of money are you looking at spending? I was blown away with the 2011 Audison Voce K6 component set. RRP is $599 but i've found the set for $490, absolutely awesome. You could run a dual midbass with that if you wanted to, run them to a 4 channel amp from 63hz or wherever you want, play the midbass to roll off then run the tweeters through the passive cross over. Would be a killer setup, definitely look into them when you have your tax money. I'd be going those if I didn't have such a limited budget, forcing me to go a DIY Setup (nothing wrong with this though)

FG Boxes got the boot, I got 4 layers in the thought #### this, taking too much time and screwing around haha went and built my MDF box. 18mm all round, 36mm mdf front baffle, 0.9cu.ft each chamber after displacement, and a nice flush mount front. I love it

Hope to see some more updates on your car soon mate!

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Hey man

Im still hummin n harrin bout what im goin to do, ino i like the sound of opus8.6's and may be able to afford 2xpair after tax.
reason for 2x pair was so i can run in series to my crossover still recieves a 4ohm load so not to change xover points, but i can go active of my 4ch too

But these anarchys just keep popin up everywhere n would really like to compare to the cresendos, cant decide waht to chose more surface area or more xmax

But also dont think i could fit a pair in each door, unlike the cresendo pair ino will fit.

What SB17s u gettin? And where u lookin at gettin them? just lookin at madisound n there not too bad priced.
Scan speak revelators are only 229ea for that price id go them instead of cresendo or anarchys

Damm speakers i hate choosing, spent a month lookin round for subs, to then just walk in n grab the 2xT5's in a shop after seeing their coil arangement
Should look at finishing my boot off soon, kinda hard to do food shoppin when u have no boot or back seat space

Thinkin bout cleaning out the car after i do the boot n make a mea page still unsure

Also didnt think u were so young(still at skool), figured ur alot older say 5-8yr older, thems the interweb trickery

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
haha why did you think I was older?

Are you referring to the exodus anarchy midbass? If so, very beefy midbass and I do enjoy them a lot, however they don't play high at all, very much so a midbass speaker and not as much a midrange speaker, you'd need a tweeter you could cross nice and low (say 2khz on a 12dB slope) to make them good in an active 2-way setup. Any reason you want to double up on midbass, or do you want to double up on everything? You'll get better SQ and with just the 1 set. You will lack the first 3dB of volume you get from another speaker but this could be fixed with spending more money on mounting / amplification / eq. .. What sort of amp / headunit do you have to run?

And yeah i'm still at school too haha at Uni.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Only reason i thought u were older is due to way u type, n the fact ive seen ya on here for a couple yrs :/

Im not too fussed on the SQ at the mo, just want sum nice sounding stage that will keep up with the T5s

Ino my tweets wont play that low limit is about 3.5k and my HU dnt have any real tuning (cda9851)

Reason for Duel, is well i duno, 1st reason was for more midbass when i was running the xtype as it dont like a hi low pass, had it at 60hz n could do with less.

But now i have new subs i dont really need it as the T5 hit what i want.

Listen to rap so always have parts that dip above sub rang n would like to boost it as much as i can. and i can fit them in the door no probs.

Did a look around lookin at SB17 SB29 combo, all raving bout it.'

U deff gained alot of knowledge lately, i need more audio freinds, only got my bro n he learns from me

Last edited: