Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who had their car broken into?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

LUMPY 8

buddaboy1990
Reaction score
SAs biggest retirement village (victor harbor)
Members Ride
Vu r8 maloo, mq patrol beach bus
me nd my m8 caught some ********** in his car goin threw all his stuff. We pulled him out, pinned him down and waited 4 the cops but they never showed so we had2 let him go, but wait theres more it happened at woolies here in vitcor nd he had just been 2 liquor land buyin a carton of cruisers that he left behind. I cant remember much more only cause we broke into the carton nd had a bit of fun :)

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
mate of mine with a an SV5000 VN had 3 attempts on his car back in the mid 90's, they never got in, he deadlocks his car, once they broke the rear quarter, thats it, couldnt unlock it and left, second, pried out the left hand lock handle, couldnt get in and left, third, pried the drivers side, couldnt get in and left.
I have to laugh and say "sucked in" to all the commodore owners who have deadlock but never use them and have had their cars stolen and/or broken into. i have to say, i told you so.
Like another mate of mine earlier this year, had his limited edition V8 around 2001 statesman stolen, never had it deadlocked outside his house on the road.

R0d

Reaction score
Members Ride
cammed vu maloo r8
mate of mine with a an SV5000 VN had 3 attempts on his car back in the mid 90's, they never got in, he deadlocks his car, once they broke the rear quarter, thats it, couldnt unlock it and left, second, pried out the left hand lock handle, couldnt get in and left, third, pried the drivers side, couldnt get in and left.
I have to laugh and say "sucked in" to all the commodore owners who have deadlock but never use them and have had their cars stolen and/or broken into. i have to say, i told you so.
Like another mate of mine earlier this year, had his limited edition V8 around 2001 statesman stolen, never had it deadlocked outside his house on the road.

you sound like a ********, deadlock wont do **** when your windows smashed

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

They will prevent the car from being driven away. And the doors wont open, at all. Of course your car is still vulnerable to damage.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
I always deadlock my car.

Never had mine broken into yet....

Dads work car got broken into a couple times few years back..

Mums old VP Wagon got stolen once... cops found it, got fixed... 1 week later they tried again... only got as far as end of driveway (they pushed it there) dad disconnected something in the engine bay.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
if my car is on a street or in a car park i dead lock it. i remember one time i left my car out front of work (on the sturt highway) with the keys in the door lock ( i was half way through dead locking it when i had to do something and completely forgot) had a bright red lanyard attached too, practically an advert to steal. i think the only thing that saved me was it looked way too sus like someone would come out any second from somewhere.we were out on a job all day too so no one was there.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop

another person with a deadlockable car that doesnt know jack. i rest my case.

*VOLATILE*

Monaro here i come
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
Do I have a story to tell you guys.

This is regarding my first car, an absolute banger of a car 85 Ford Laser. I mean, this thing was a piece of junk. Struggled big time.

Now anyway, shooting hoops with mates at the local rec. centre. Out of nowhere some random red-necks walk in with blue and red flannelette shirts. We thought, hang on this looks suss but we kept playing.

Once we finished went to grab my keys, wallet, phone etc. GONE. Went outside to look for my car. GONE.

Called the police, they were over in 15mins. Whilst they were getting my details, I overheard on the cop's radio something about my license plates (they read it out like 1 Alpha Romeo etc) being chased in a high speed car chase. I then asked the cop if it was my car and he said if that's your license plate then we're chasing it.

2-3 mins later, the cop told me that they had to abandon the chase coz it got past 140km/h. I kid you not, at that moment i started laughing hysterically. I seriously did not think that my car could get that fast.

I was called up by the cops later that my car was used in an armed holdup at a bottle-o after the cops abandoned the chase on it. I am not kidding. SERIOUSLY.