Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who has a BT1?? or ex police

VNCPTR

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
90 S2 Atlas Grey VN SS Manual
yer i figured as much but when i put the computer in my wifes VN it drank fuel like crazy, put it back into mine and it was fine like normal but my yellow one has a 308 block not the 5.0L block......... any idea why this might be??

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
yer i figured as much but when i put the computer in my wifes VN it drank fuel like crazy, put it back into mine and it was fine like normal but my yellow one has a 308 block not the 5.0L block......... any idea why this might be??
Ahhhhhh what? They have been 304's from late in the VK run mate.

VNCPTR

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
yer i thoguth the same man, but i check the engine number and stuff........ it all was orig and matched up to everything, so im gussin the motor has been changed but the engine number been re-stamped onto the 308 block, if thats the case im going to change it to a 5.0L block again and get the motor stamed.

i hate it not being Original when i find out the right Info.....

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy v6 manual ute
I picked up a smacked up hothouse green vn BT1 a few months ago it also has 5 LT stamped on the block (but I did have a engine with 308 stamped on the side) also has the cop dash that goes up by 2km but it only goes up to 200kph but the dash in my vn goes up to 220kph also has BT1 on compliance plate too. But the thing is no info can be found on the VIN number :confused::confused: I You can also see where thebig numbers were on the roof number 345

Last edited:

VNCPTR

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
yer my old man had a 1990 white VN BT-1 where you could see the holes that had been filled up from where the lights were on the roof.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS

Yep. Your car's got a 215i motor in it.. seems like the sensible answer. Anything else will run badly on that memcal..

The VN you tried it in was a 5L, wasn't it?

StockoVRWagz

Formerly White50L
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Wagon
Is there anything specific on the compliance plates to say its got the 215i motor?
A guy told me that all ex-highway cars had the 215i motor but i didn't know him well enough to work out if he was talking **** or not.
I think something has been done to mine, I was pretty impressed the first time I stayed pretty much level with a VX SS's front doors..since then Ive put in a S2 shift kit and a few other things, really wish I had the cash to get it dyno'ed.

Staggie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S1, VK Wagon EFI 5.0L
Picked mine up yesterday VN BT1, havent really had too much of a look at it as its getting used as a donor, but its white with black door stripes, 5.0L, 5 speed, LSD, 90L tank, FE2, HSV headers, cop dash (2km increments and the light above the speedo) heavy duty tow bar. mates gonna do a search on the VIN tomorrow to see if anything else.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Is there anything specific on the compliance plates to say its got the 215i motor?
A guy told me that all ex-highway cars had the 215i motor but i didn't know him well enough to work out if he was talking **** or not.
I think something has been done to mine, I was pretty impressed the first time I stayed pretty much level with a VX SS's front doors..since then Ive put in a S2 shift kit and a few other things, really wish I had the cash to get it dyno'ed.

no they dont. no highway car would get a 215i motor. thats the 5.7 L stroker