Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who Has a VCM OTR On Their SS?

TAS1981

Reaction score
I didn't really notice any difference to be honest! I expected way more noise etc but its not really designed that way. You do need to get it tuned to get the majority of the benefit from it. Maybe its a bit louder under hard acceleration, maybe its slightly more powerful....Don' expect it to be a massive difference on its own. There is a youtube shootout you can find that measured some increase without a tune but something like 35kw with a tune.

It's more that it won't blow up if you don't get it tuned straight away rather than it being a performance mod you can feel without a tune, if you understand me.

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Ok yeah so bottom line is buy it and fit it myself but don't expect much from it until I get a tune, that's fine with me I was just worried about the CEL coming on and wondering if it would do any harm to the engine. I will be putting some headers and cats on around the same time anyway and I know that its important to have them tuned straight away. So when I get the guys to tune it do they tune the intake, headers and cats all in the one tune or do they do the intake separately from the exhaust? I don't know anything about tuning lol

RoaringSky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 Manual Sedan
I have bought it for my 09 SSV last year from Vic Performance in Hoppers Crossing, Melbourne, and installed it myself. Maf version that is. I can confirm that there were no warning lights came on and the car drove fine, with much increased down low torque response and didn't require a tune at the time. I wasn't thrashing it just in case any way.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yes they tune all the mods at one time...

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
I finally installed the VCM with MAF and im stoked with it to say the least, I can definitely feel that throttle response is improved and it does sound good, and no CEL (yet anyway). Just a quick question, can anyone tell me where the little rubber drain valve goes? It did not tell me in the instruction book and I only realized it was in the packet after I had installed the whole thing. Hope I don't need to take the whole OTR out just to put in a little valve.

Gixxer7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
There is a hole on the bottom prior to the air filter for the drain valve. You should be able to just take the three front clips out and lift the otr up enough to get it in. I ran otr and catback for a couple of months with no CEL. Only came on about a week after extractors and cats went on, but still ran fine for the few days before it got tuned.

Gixxer7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
I also trimmed the bonnet seal in front of the OTR, otherwise it completely blocks the upper intake when the bonnet is closed. I was surprised it didn't recommend to do this in the instructions.
2vdjslt.jpg

2j2vmaa.jpg