Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who has log/service books?

timmy_tam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN calais 91
hi
i'm looking at getting an 04 VY II executive for my mother as a daily car seeing as the VN is slowing dying

went to inspect one day, all seemed good, but when told they didn't have log books, it kinda put me off

i know they mean nothing more than a stamp, but at least knowing when the oils were change would be better than nothing

also, i have 2 choices - RED, dual fuel with full kit, no books
or Purple, petrol only, with book

both same price, same milage

which would u rather?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
That's easy, the red one.

Stricky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 Storm Ute and VE Commodore Calais
GO RED! only because I have a one! But watch that paint with the sun. Mine also came with a servicing manual but it is a 02 VY, sounds a bit weird it doesnt have one?

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
mine didn't come with books from holden, but it has the service indicator on the dash that you just reset, doesn't mean anything i know but atleast you partialy know if its been done or not, mine hadn't been reset since 80,000k's and it had 124,000k's on it when i bought it

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
oh yeh, if you want with books and don't mind about the price of petrol at the moment, then go the purple one, depends on how much driving your mum does and how much she already pays on fuel, good luck with it though.

Stricky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 Storm Ute and VE Commodore Calais
Speaking of petrol, my previous car to the Holden was a Mitsi Legnum ST-R only a 2.5 V6, the Mitsi burnt way more petrol than what the Holden does, so I happy with the fuel economy I am getting (at the mo!)

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
thats alright then, i was thinking today, the only log books i have a for my nation wide warranty which i have to get stamped every 6 months and fax the service invoice to nation wide.