Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who has the biggest dent in their sump?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The 88 wagon has a rather nice dent in the sump - I'll have to get a photo when the car is home next. The original engine was smicko. replacement engine has the dent.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
there is a ed falcon at our tafe that someone jacked up by the sump, needless to say theres a perfect ring pushed and inch in to it,

i also somehow managed to put a good crease in the trans sump of my vz

timmy_tam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN calais 91
morton notice the engine stand aswell!

kframe is not a jacking location aswell hehe

i remember timmy you did this ages ago lol i remember you telling me about it! when you got parts off me once

yeh thats right
this was caused by a man hole cover sticking up in the middle of a gravel alleyway. looked just like an island, waiting for my unsuspecting sump....:rip:

not sure why we used the scisor jacks on the kframe.....
this was done at the mechs, had engine crane, jacks, etc

i got brake discs off you i remember, but was it front or rears?

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
you can do alot worse than the sump, my new custom 2/12 exhaust copped a crease right down the length and my tailshaft has mase a hole in the floor pan under the back seat, never should have cut the bump stops in half loll, at least it was low

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Damn....mine looks nothing like that, Mine has no dints and is still black all over :D the only noticeable dint on my car is on the little quarter panel section just below the rear lights...Not sure how to fix it as I'm not sure how that little piece of metal is stuck on...

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
i hear ya over here, same problem just cant be bothered :(

lol yeh mine was like that ...thought it was the rear main but after doing sump gasket didnt have a leak in it at all.....now thats good for an engine that done 350 000 lol

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
DING DING! we have a winner :)

(i dont think i have a dint, but ill look one day :))

just caught up with some reading on the forums....i found this topic.
Ummmm no you don't win...lol.. well technically you do you have shown a picture but i had a much bigger ding in the sump than that,i no longer have the car so i can't prove my case.. lol... with a picture.it was a repairable write off,stolen car,i have another one out back also another repairable write off,stolen,it has a dent in sump also but i don't think the ding in that one is as big as yours,i'll stick my beak under it later today and take a squiz,if it's bigger i'll take a happy snap.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
just caught up with some reading on the forums....i found this topic.
Ummmm no you don't win...lol.. well technically you do you have shown a picture but i had a much bigger ding in the sump than that,i no longer have the car so i can't prove my case.. lol... with a picture.it was a repairable write off,stolen car,i have another one out back also another repairable write off,stolen,it has a dent in sump also but i don't think the ding in that one is as big as yours,i'll stick my beak under it later today and take a squiz,if it's bigger i'll take a happy snap.

sorry its not a VN/VP its a ........Jappa LOL

Well I think mines bigger also with no photo, not a holden either had a Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 (V6 2.5L twin turbo) and that has a 2 stage sump lower and upper, i ripped the lower completly through the bolt holes that hold it on, e.g. NO MORE SUMP........ And yes engine screwed.