Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who here has ADD or a similar disorder

groberr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr equipe
I was initially diagnosed with ADD when I was little, took the tablets until before I became a teenager... I'd say at the time I did have trouble concentrating and I was the worst kind of little **** (getting into fights, etc.) but I've found that in the last 6 years I don't have that problem anymore... of the medication I think it's evil; it changes the way you think all together (I would almost say it makes you scared of everything to an extent, but not), I absolutely hated taking them.

The people I associated with in primary/high school probably influenced and encouraged the negative behavior but getting a job, having a family and shitloads of responsibility is probably the number one thing that set me straight... my job has given me focus and a desire to progress (ambition) and having a family keeps everything in perspective (can't do this, can't afford that).

In terms of other drugs I'm clean, and I hardly drink (only socially); I feel the weed is a bad thing and have seen first hand the damage it can cause

My final point is in discourse to what everyone else has said; I hate sports, don't exercise and have an awful diet (I refuse to drink water) and I think I'm fine, though I'm sure with different people there are different dietary needs

i too was diagnosed with add when i was about 11 and i agree the meds totally totally changed my personality. like i remember things making me depressd that i would normally never care about and being a little bit scatterd defantly not myselfe, i told mum and the doctor and we tried various types of pills(cant remember names) but all with the same effect. i stopd taking the meds at about 14 because they were changing me that much i didnt feel myselfe when on them (mates that didnt no i had add would allways be able to tell wen i was on the meds and allways say that i looked down or not myself) . at school i did not do well at english and all those subjects because they didnt interest me however woodwork/metalwork and all those i loved and would concentrate because i was interested. i now take ADD as part of my personality rather than a disorder and i seem to be doing allright

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Oh on the subject of diet - a really top notch healthy diet will erode your teeth faster than a bad diet. Acid rich foods such as fruits and berries will corrode the enamel casing on your teeth, more than neutral foods like meats fats sugars and starches.

What a stupid thing to say. Humans have now invented something called a 'tooth brush'. You should try it.

As a school teacher I see kids whose parents say it not their child's fault and doctors prescribe all sorts of medication. But having said that these same kids I see walking through the school gate at 8:30am and their only breakfast is two cans of Mother or some other bloody energy drink. By 9am they're bouncing off the walls. Then their lunch consists of a packet of chips. By the afternoon these kids are half asleep and extremely irritable. ADHD my arse. Most of these parents, doctors and psychologists need a bomb put up them.

Oh, and get this one. There's a new disorder now in the last 18 months. It's called ODD or 'Oppositional Defiance Disorder'. It's where children become angry and abusive just because they've been asked to do something. For example: Little Johnny gets told to clean up his room and tells his mum "Get ****ed, I'm going to jimmy's house". That's ODD. What a joke.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Wow, and here I was calling that "Adolescence" all these years!
I know so many ODD sufferers, maybe I should send them all to the doctors so they can get their meds!