Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who here likes drifting!

5lutevs

liam.g
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute (manula 304)
i know this is a commodore forum and when people think of drifting commodores dont exactly come to mind straight away but they are out there! and im not just talking about holding the tail out around a small 90 degree turn in the wet either. let me know if you like drifitng and what you think about setting up a commodore for the track!

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
What about Snakies down a dirt road for a couple of K's jumpin of ya Limiter? ;) Jokes.

If I was more of a social person that I might have a car built for Driftin :) but its fun to watch. heh

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
i know this is a commodore forum and when people think of drifting commodores dont exactly come to mind straight away but they are out there! and im not just talking about holding the tail out around a small 90 degree turn in the wet either. let me know if you like drifitng and what you think about setting up a commodore for the track!

There are plenty of drift monaro's. Pretty much a commodore.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Your better off using a car which has proven itself to be a drift car and has a **** load of spare parts for it...

Commodores are family cars - they may drift but there are better options out there.

If you want though go for it, Id love to build a VR drfit pig but thats a lot of cash i dont have...

aZk.

vns5speed

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s 5 speed
at qld power cruise most of the drifter are in commodores and 9 times out of 10 they do better then the jap cars, nothing better then seeing a commie out drift a skyline,soarer ect one of the best is 5 0 man even the commodore wreckers in southport have a drift car

vns5speed

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s 5 speed
here is 5 0 man just found it on youtube

Last edited by a moderator:

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
just buy a VN V6. its built for drifting =P

drifting does look fun. i wouldnt mind trying it one day as ive never done it before.
if i was to ever build a street/drift car id have to grab grandmas car.
AE86.... one of the best drift cars ever
dump a 1-uz in it with the 8 throttle bodies and a supra box behind it leaving it completely stock on the outside.
now im thinking about it... next holiday she goes on ill do this =P

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
AE86.... one of the best drift cars ever
dump a 1-uz in it with the 8 throttle bodies and a supra box behind it

You have just ruined Hachi Roku's.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Last edited by a moderator:

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
I still say completely ruined. The 86 was the best on the touge, with a huge heavy front end it would lose all its handling capability and be weird as all hell. It needs a light motor with usable power (Like a 4AG) to keep its balance. For something like that you would be better to go with another car to start with, in my opinion. I'm a fan of keeping 80's JDM cars slightly nostalgic! Haha, just my opinion though.