Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who knows a good place in WA to loosen a stally from 3250 to 4000rpm

VYBR8R

VYBR8NV8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute 5.7/A4
hey there guys, ive got a worked TH700 built by RVO in melbourne, its running a 3250rpm stall convertor and in talks with my tuner its recommended i loosen my convertor to 4000rpm to make the most of my cam. Anybody out there know where i can get this done cheaply as im feeling the burden of the global economy hahaha so far if i pay someone to do te job drive in drive out im looking at $1500, where as if i remove it myself it will only cost $450 from ALLFAST.

VYBR8R

VYBR8NV8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute 5.7/A4
further to that, has anyone ever dropped the transmission in a vy, if so how easy is it to tackle, whats the process involved, any advice would be great :)

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The torque converter is a sealed unit, it can't be 'loosened'. The stall RPM is set when manufactured. Unless you have a bolted together adjustable one. There is only one place in Australia that manufactures them and he is here in WA, the rest come from the US.

VYBR8R

VYBR8NV8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute 5.7/A4
cheers mate, the term loosened was by mitch at wa performance, my understanding is you can change the pressure of the fluid, i spoke to ALL FAST they knew what i was talking about and quoted me $450 to do, depending on the make of convertor. All beyond my understanding. Speaking of US convertors i have my eye on a 4000 YANK convertor, i know a mate who runs one and swears by it.