Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who makes extractors for the sidi engines

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
? ^ what it says iv heard pacemaker do them does anyone else no of anyone? And what would the cost be! Cheers

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
could have swarn that you can't put extractors on an SIDI - might be wrong tho

Reaction score
Website
www.bkwheels.com.au
Members Ride
VE Commodore
If they are anything like the 3.6 litre i wouldn't be putting extractors on. It will change your air flow past the sensors and all day you will have a check engine light. I've seen it happen to many times to our customers. Every single person I know that has fitted extractors have had a check engine light pop up.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
If they are anything like the 3.6 litre i wouldn't be putting extractors on. It will change your air flow past the sensors and all day you will have a check engine light. I've seen it happen to many times to our customers. Every single person I know that has fitted extractors have had a check engine light pop up.

I had no engine lights with the fitment of pacemakers on my LLT 3.6. Get it done by good operators...CHE in Sydney did mine....nice neat job!!

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
I was planning on a big spend soon, so I was thinking to just put everything on at once and get a tune, id want everything there when I get the tune so there isn't any check engine light later on If I get these after, I'm planning on, mace manifold spacers, 20-25% race underdrive pully kit, don't no what one, otr cai (orrsum) I have a redbaCk catback exhaust so il put extractors on it as well, and then a dyno tune, it's the only things I can think of that thy can do to a my sidi 3.6l engine. And I'm getting a hi proformance steering pump today because I blew up the stock one from doing doughnuts haha

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I was planning on a big spend soon, so I was thinking to just put everything on at once and get a tune, id want everything there when I get the tune so there isn't any check engine light later on If I get these after, I'm planning on, mace manifold spacers, 20-25% race underdrive pully kit, don't no what one, otr cai (orrsum) I have a redbaCk catback exhaust so il put extractors on it as well, and then a dyno tune, it's the only things I can think of that thy can do to a my sidi 3.6l engine. And I'm getting a hi proformance steering pump today because I blew up the stock one from doing doughnuts haha

Well destroying my car doing doughnuts is not high on my list of things to do and I in a way loathe to provide you any more info but if you save your pennies a bit longer cams may well become available.

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
Yeh I was going to wait for the cam, but il see what happens, yeh the power steering pump was a funny one in the video you can tell when it goes, the car doesn't turn as good as it should have, but apparently the stock standard ones go easily anyway, so I'm gettin one put in today a delaphi one from the states )

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
Ok I'm. Bit ####en confused now, I have a sidi engine LLT I was looking at the extractors it's not 1 output like people have said, it's got 3 on each side wtf does that mean I can use normal extractors? Wtf

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Ok I'm. Bit ####en confused now, I have a sidi engine LLT I was looking at the extractors it's not 1 output like people have said, it's got 3 on each side wtf does that mean I can use normal extractors? Wtf

The LLT 3.6ltr SIDI engine uses conventional style exhaust manifolds. There are extractors/(tubular headers) for these engines. Engine lamp light issues a generally caused my miss reads of gasses flowing by the O2 sensor. This is mostly caused by the positioning of the O2 sensor after installing aftermarket extractors etc and the sensors positioning compared to factory.

That issue can be easily rectified by a reputable tuner who knows what they are doing.

The newer of the Series2 VE's (built in 2012) have a different configuration V6 3.0 and 3.6ltr SIDI engine. These are identified as LFX. Basically the engines exhaust manifold is intergrated into the design of the engine head resulting in just a single engine pipe being bolted to the head going to the CAT.

Refer to pics below of the LFX setup - What setups (from the engine) are best or available for these engines I cann't tell you.

Attachments

• sidi09.jpg
    sidi09.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 1,800
  • sidi08.jpg
    sidi08.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 1,499

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
The newer of the Series2 VE's (built in 2012) have a different configuration V6 3.0 and 3.6ltr SIDI engine. These are identified as LFX. Basically the engines exhaust manifold is intergrated into the design of the engine head resulting in just a single engine pipe being bolted to the head going to the CAT.

ahh knew I was right about one of the V6 engines not being able to put extractors on them:blah blah:

seems like all you could do is make the flange hole a little larger for better flow on the LFX