Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whos running sssl ALL round on there VE ss sedan??

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
Hey guys

iv been deciding if I should go lower at the fronts...At the moment im running sssl rears and ssl fronts.
Rear hight is perfect on tyre :), but front I would to go bit lower..

If I do go sssl fronts il replace my shocks to gt Monroe.

Main question is whos running sssl all round on there ve ss sedan? and is it still practical for day to day drive..

Just that little drop makes a such a big difference if you no wat I mean.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
There is a whole thread here on the subject.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/king-springs-ves.152423

2. Using that spring height on your SS V8 will more than likely drop the ground clearance below the minimum resulting in your car being instantly unroadworthy and subject to to a defect notice. So I would suggest you check how much distance you have to play with before going any lower.
In Victoria you have to comply with these rules on ground clearance and in other areas related to suspension when modifying to keep your car compliant and roadworthy.

see item 2.2.4 page 8.

https://infrastructure.gov.au/roads...Tyres_Suspension_Steering_V2_1Jan_2011 v3.pdf

There is also a requirement that ride height cannot be reduced more than 50 mm from manufacturers' stock ride height.

For reference I recall there was a guy posting here a few months back with a VE SV6 with SSSL all around. When checking he found the ground clearance on his car did not comply with the minimum requirement which was a concern because it was going in for a roadworthy check. The front of your SS V8 is heavier.

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
Thanks mate....

My other option is getting thick tyres at the front. At the moment im running 245/35/20 at my fronts, I mite go 245/45/20 I think this mite get it close to the wheel arch without the car been to low..

If I did get 245/45/20 in my front would it look stupid considering my rears are 275/30/20??

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
For me, i can notice a the difference in looks from 45 to 30 thats for sure. Which i never liked, 45's seem to standard looking for me

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
If I did get 245/45/20 in my front would it look stupid considering my rears are 275/30/20??

Stupid and illegal.

As previously mentioned in you other threads, I had SSSL alround in the Clubsport. I had over 100mm ground clearance at the lowest point and I drove it daily racking up 50,000kms with no issues.

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
iv been recommended just to run coilover xyz for my fronts, has anyone tried this brand before

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
There is a whole thread here on the subject.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/king-springs-ves.152423

2. Using that spring height on your SS V8 will more than likely drop the ground clearance below the minimum resulting in your car being instantly unroadworthy and subject to to a defect notice. So I would suggest you check how much distance you have to play with before going any lower.
In Victoria you have to comply with these rules on ground clearance and in other areas related to suspension when modifying to keep your car compliant and roadworthy.

see item 2.2.4 page 8.

https://infrastructure.gov.au/roads...Tyres_Suspension_Steering_V2_1Jan_2011 v3.pdf

There is also a requirement that ride height cannot be reduced more than 50 mm from manufacturers' stock ride height.

For reference I recall there was a guy posting here a few months back with a VE SV6 with SSSL all around. When checking he found the ground clearance on his car did not comply with the minimum requirement which was a concern because it was going in for a roadworthy check. The front of your SS V8 is heavier.

I think you may be talking about me? Yea I had SSSL rears and SP4 fronts, (SSSSL). It was below legal height buy about 10mm, I was pulled up a couple of times and actually got complements on the car from the cops, must have been the only two good ones. In saying that though I sold it too a P plater and he got pulled up and defected. P plates are cop magnets.

And as far as the XYZ's I have them now on my VF and love them. Once again is slightly lower than legal but haven't had any trouble. Don't speed, cause trouble or drive like an idiot, and most of the time you'll be okay.