Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who's waiting for a 2017 plate and why?

Stuey81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline & VE SS Wagon
image.jpeg
I was going to hold out for a 2017 plate SSV Redline, but my local yard had exactly what I wanted on display ready to go, a heron White SSVR sedan, 6 speed manual with Bose, sunroof, and all the other goodies, and I got it for $56,660 drive away. I didn't head to the dealership to buy that day, but after a good look, and a nice test drive, I left with a signed contract and picked the car up the same week.

So who here is waiting for the offical word to order a 2017 plate? and do you think it's going to be considered as way more sought after than the VF2 I have parked up at my house right now? Either way, I have never owned a brand new car before, and I don't ever plan on selling this one, so it doesn't really matter to me about future resale. To me all VF2 series Commodores are still in my eyes "the last true Aussie commodore" and I'm absolutely in love with this beast! I still have my daily driver which is a 2008 VE SS (morphious in colour) and even tho they are both zeta platform vehicles, the difference in the way the VF drives is like comparing chalk and cheese.

ShinWow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV 6.2L Manual
Might be remembering incorrectly, but doesn't the Redline come standard with Bose + Sunroof package?

I was considering waiting for the MY17 but instead went for the M16 as I wanted the SS-V (not the Redline) which looked like it was being discontinued and didn't wanna risk waiting and missing out.

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
Yep - VF2 is the last aussie Commodore IMO also.
Unless it was going to have a lot more juice, I couldn't give a F--- about having an MY17 plate. I am glad I bought mine back in May as I have already had 6 months of enjoying mine :)
Congrats on your purchase @Stuey81

Fen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute W310
I was holding out for a MY17, but in all honesty unless you want one of the new colours, given what the Redline is getting for 2017 (some black bits) then you're probably better going with the MY16 in my view.

In fact I decided not to bother with a Redline after I was shown the email with the list of changes. Unless a special edition is announced that catches my eye (which is still entirely possible; likely even, but then we typically get about 3 of any specials that are in any way desirable in NZ so getting an allocation is another question), then I don't see me regretting that decision.

Anyway I was contacted about a 2017 Maloo on Monday, and there is something worth having with that compared with the 2016, so I put the deposit down. I didn't intend to, and I'm not going for one of the new '17 colours. Now I'm hoping nothing even better is announced, but again that's entirely possible.

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
I purchased my SSV in Feb this year & when purchasing quizzed my long term rep from Suttons Arncliffe & he assured me the last VF2's will not be further mechanically enhanced than the MY16 models. That was good enough for me to take the plunge & very happy with it & zero issues to date!

Rikes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Got my MY16 VF2 Redline over. A year ago the first day they came out for $55,000 on road, inc towbar, mats and boot liner

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I picked up my VFII Redline today and drove it 400km back home. Good run in for engine and brakes with lots of gear changing and loading the engine. Now it's up on stands after a wash, wheels are off and the paint correction and protection has begun.

Anyway the sales manager mentioned mentioned that he believes the ME Edition is going to get bigger brakes (GTS was mentioned).

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Redline's are starting to get very thin across all body styles. As soon as someone wants something a bit different (i.e. 20 inch wheels or a big spoiler, etc), we can't supply and then you're left to guess what MY17 will bring price wise and what availability is going to be like early in the year. At this point, most people are now waiting until MY17 is announced because they can't get a MY16 how they want it built. If you can find a car in dealer stock that has the options you want or if you want a plain jane car, you can get a good deal, otherwise you're waiting for a 2017 and you'll likely pay a premium.

W375 redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
W375 s2 redline
Got my w375 vf2 ssvr in june with 15k of extras for 57k DA ☺ glad i got mine when i did : getting the W407 upgrade next week so should b killa after that ☺