Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who's Your Insurance Company?

*VOLATILE*

Monaro here i come
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
I'm with HBF here in Perth. Not sure about how they go abouts their business with regards to mods. They have allowed me to add $3K worth of extras to be insured (i.e. rims, suspension, exhaust). That's all I've added to it anyways.

$600 a year for me but heaps of people are telling me I'm getting ripped off. I'm looking around now for another provider.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, '23 hilux SR5, E3 senator, 85 VK LS1
I was with elders and just switched to AAMI.
They're $130 a year better than anyone else i found but i also went with my house and contents too.
Just with the car i would've still saved $60 over anyone else.

VY5Speed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S - 5 Speed
Hey, yeh i looked at shannons and found that you had to be 25+ for them. As for justcar i havent looked at their excess as yet but will do.

Cheers,
Daniel

RockyVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Wgn, VP Sedan, V6 Ride on Lawnmower
I had these problems with my 5th car. Bloody import. back then, even with a spotless record, nobody would toutch it for comprehensive. only third pary f&t.

RACQ offered me comprehensive for it. at the time only $7500 a YEAR, with a $2500 excess. what a crock!

Im with RACQ insurace nowdays. home contents and comprehensive car. the policies are saving me on average 200 on other quotes i have had.

On the downside, you have to ride them for payouts. Last year out of a lightning strike I had heaps of stuff replaced, and I had a car stolen (the import) years ago. they took nearly 6 months to pay the car out. But i suppose that since it apparently wasnt recovered, they had to wait some time or something. Didnt help me at the time though.

Had the VP with RACQ fully comp., with a long list of mods. was around $700 a year with $150 excess, from memory, last year, rating 1.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Just car also charge you an extra fee if the car is stolen. Their premiums are good but their excesses are bad.

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
I'm with GIO.. best price I could find at the time and they gave me a good rating, one beter than I'm supposed to have thanks to two crashes I've had. I was supposed to be rating 4, but their rating 3 price was cheaper than what I could get rating 4 at anywhere else... i simply told them I'd go elsewhere if I couldn't get the rating 3 price and they happily gave it to me.
I think the cheapest I found at rating 4 was with Allianze. That was the cheapest of the companies that would actually insure me anyway, a couple of the cheaper companies (just cars and budget direct for eg.) refused to insure me due to my age, previous claims and speeding fines.
AAMI I have found to be the cheapest for 3rd party insurance in the past.

LindasBT1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5ltr + bt1 pack
i'm with NRMA but there pricing is high at least till im 25

quiksilv3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII L67 Statesman
I'm with Shannon's, and have been since I was 20.

Was with Just Car - Shannons couldn't match their price (but did me a deal for $10 more a year - pretty good if you ask me) - but it was the extras that did it for me.

Just Car had about $4000 worth of excesses if I am at fault - young driver excess, high performance excess etc etc.

Shannons was $400 WITH choice of repairer, only needing 1 quote, pay by the month - the list goes on.

Needless to say I now the Stato with Shannons, as well as my contents insurance (which gives you an additional $10000 cover on top of the $30000 for automotive gear so tools, parts etc) and the new VU SS is with them too. Having all three gets me pretty good discounts across the policies too.

I like calling up the insurance company to tell them about new mods, and being able to talk to people who know their cars and can have a chat to you about them. I'm often on the phone for half an hour talking about the latest rod run, or event that has just gone by.