Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WHY are commodores always breaking?

dlzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 3.8 V6
ive had alot more problems with jap cars.. endless and stupid problems, also costs alot more to fix.

commos are easy to fix, parts are everywhere and i havnt had any problems other then what i caused wearing out 'stuf'

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Must be bad luck, or ?

I've had a VL, a VS S2 and a VY S2.

Only "breakdown" has been a battery failure in the VL.

On the other hand, I have also had three F**ds. Two of the three had a number of breakdowns.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
matt69 said:
pieces of ****

nah its not holdens in general.. its just cars, just remebering you have an old vehicle, its over 10 years old.. dont expect everything to last for ever

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Because we are all into cars I think we notice problems more too. Like people like my folks who just want a car that gets them from A to B dont really notice these problems. They have a VT with a bad set of gas struts on the bonnet, so the bonnet wouldnt stay up. Didnt bother them and they wont get it fixed, but someone like us would notice and would fix it. You know what im saying.

BottFodder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega II
I agree... You just notice more stuff that needs fixing. On the up side - parts are dirt cheap (Not many cars will get you a new set of front pads and rotors for $175). They are a snack to work on, get brilliant fuel economy on a run (my old with VS 275K - 8.6l/100), generally handle OK, Stop and go....

ORIGINL

THE REAL DEAL #22
Reaction score
Website
www.v8commodores.com
Members Ride
HDT VN AERO #22
Treat the car properly.... service and look after it and it will be fine.

Burnouts and other "spirited" behaviour will no doubt break it... you are doing something the car was not designed to do

I have had the Vn on the road for 18 months with nothing more then a flat battery when i left the interior light on by accident....

stukor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v6 auto Executive sedan
Signed up for our VS,v6 auto v5w sedan before the release date of 04/95...drove the Mazda 808 for 5 months to wait for supply! Had a good run [now at 166,000kms]with the only problems being an initial "wind whistle @100km/hr"to have warranty rubber sleeves fitted .The chassis earth lead replaced[to eliminate 'relay' faults].Renewed ignition leads at 80.000km + front/rear shocks & springs@ 135.000km & Upgraded suspension front bushes,stabilizer links,fit magic camber adjusters = o/haul p/steer pump.Have just serviced the a/c per a leaking condensor & while there I renewed the compressor clutch bearing, alternator bearings, & harmonic balancer[got a slight knocking sound] & balancer seal . Kept up the services and data scan checks per our workshop business...we have to love and appreciate the challenges of maintaining the modern vehicle. Congratulations to justcommodores supporters ...I guess our driving priviledge could change suddenly if a specific frequency was released to upset our computers [food for thought?].*** Happy safe driving & have a merry christmas***

M

matt69

i sumtimes wish i could enjoy a trouble free motoring experience for more than 6 months. it would be nice. cmon im not that bade god :angel: Honest!

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
In 3 years I relaced a harmonic balance, fan resistor and some airconditioning components due to a mobile (ripem of) mechanic.
Its how you treat em, a bit like a woman, give em a hard time and eventually they will have enough and give up on you.