Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why Buy New????

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
why dont you hear of many people making up a turbo kit from parts found on ebay?
here are soem things i found:
NEW FMIC 450x300x76 Intercooler Turbo Exhaust Apexi HKS
AU $179.00
NIC-457.JPG

**RRP = 539 +

** Up to 550 HP

** Good for Factory turbo or update TURBO !!!

** Life Time Warranty !! ( by Automotorsports - IMPORTER

NAME: Universal Polished Bar & Plate Intercooler
MODEL: 450x300x76 -mm
SPECIFICATIONS: Core size: 450x300x76
Overall Size: 600x300x76mm
HP Rating: 480-600 + hp
Flow Test: 381.3cfu
Fully Polished
3" inlet and outlet
Comes with end tanks, fully welded.
Low Cost, High Efficiency
Fit most cars

TURBO BOV :: BLOW OFF VALVE ::
AU $49.00
3b_1_b.JPG

Turbo XS Style BOV
Atmosphere Vent Model

B/N RB20/25DET MANIFOLD..T70 TURBO AND 35MM WASTEGATE!!
AU $511.75
7b_1_b.JPG

f4_1_b.JPG

2a_1_b.JPG

HUGE POWER GAINS!!!

RB20 RB25DET ENGINES!!!!

YOU GET:

1) HUGE T70 TURBO

WET FLOATING BALL BEARINGS

SHAFT & WHEEL TRIM 64.5mm
COMPRESSOR WHEEL SUPER 70 60.5mm
( similar to Garrett T61 for comparison purposes )
TURBINE HOUSING A/R .84
COMPRESSOR HOUSING A/R RATIO .70
T3 Flange
2) RB20/RB25DET CHROME MANIFOLD

321 STAINLESS
TOP MOUNT
(2) BOLT 35 MM WASTEGATE FLANGE
42MM PIPE DIAMETER!
2.6MM THICK - WILL NEVER CRACK!
T3 Flange
3) 35MM WASTEGATE

INCLUDES ALL GASKETS
COMPLETE BOLT KIT
Accurate boost control and high quality appearance.
The spring rate is Adjustable.

that all adds up to $739.75 and you still need to spend a bit more on the setup but im sure it would add up to much less than a new turbo kit.
What do you guys think?

gen3_350_v8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss vy 5.7l M6
with new you get what you pay for, with ebay you can get ripped pretty hard with inferior products

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
i agree with gen3 stewart100 dont believe everything u see on ebay

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
gen3_350_v8 said:
with new you get what you pay for, with ebay you can get ripped pretty hard with inferior products
I picked me up some awesome bargains.. My head and tail lights, parking sensors and chevvy badges.. I picked up all of them cept the badges..

Ebay's awesome.. Got me mad deals and all the products were 100% fine..

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
i agree, everyone thinks ebay it a rip off market and chances are your not gonna get what you paid for but with my experience and people i know it has turned out fine, but you just have to be careful and make a phone call before committing to buy

V

vg_ute

ebay is cool, dont diss it unless u urself has actually shop there and been ripped off. i gotten what i wanted and payed for.

B

BOV

Ebay is good for things like quality brand names ie: Sony video cameras, and Ipod Mp3 players... in other words where you are sure that the product you are buying is Sony and Apple... not Soni or Appel. I wouldnt even bother with "cheaper" unkown brand names on ebay...

To prove this: I bought two items so far on ebay (1 last year and 1 this year). The first buy was a Canon ixus I digicam, no problems at all... saved about 50 bucks of retail price.
The second buy was a chinese mp3 player, after I got it, it showed a few glitches, not only was the unit defective it also was almost impossible to get it fied unles I paid to ship it to china... i didnt bother with it, went out and bought an ipod nano from apple store.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
If you do your homework and research the seller and product enay can be fantastic. I have bought probably 50 odd items from ebay and never once had a drama. Always got what I paid for and sometimes more. Picked up a bargain a couple of weeks ago a VT comp for only $25. Ebays saved me hundreds over the years.

Its like shopping anywhere, buy quality reputible brands and you are usually safe. But buy a dodgy imitation product like u could get at the markets and you probably will get ripped.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I'm an eBay seller and I can say I'm not some scammer out to rip you all off trying to sell you something dodgy to make a quick profit.. like people have said do some research, check brands, check their policies on refunds/exchange if items faulty, read their feedback comments (proves they're legit, lots of positive is good) and above all don't just take the sellers word for it in listings, do some research if you're not sure..

Always good things to find on eBay, especially hard to find parts for older cars or just stuff that's been imported and you wouldn't normally find it at ricebahn etc.

BOV: I've also got one of those dodgy 1GB MP3 players from China.. it's broken LOL

V

vg_ute

i also got one of those 1gb mp3 player but it broke cos of me. i cracked the screen.