Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why do People do it

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
Fog lights are designed for use in the FOG!! Hence why they are called fog lights. They're much brighter and angled higher (also due to lower position) than normal headlights. They are illegal to run when it's not foggy for good reason. They are annoying, don't serve a purpose (unless it is foggy) and can damage peoples retinas!! Oh no wait... its okay to have them on because its 'cool'. Morons.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
i think the fog lights are illegal to have on if you only have your parker lights on with them. its ok to have normal beam head lights and fog lights on at the same time i think.

if i am driving on a highway/country road i will always put my lights on, simply for the fact that it makes u stand out a bit more. oh and the road i drive to work on is called " dead mans pass" so i take all the precautions i can :thumbsup:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I take all the precautions i can because of the extremely low driving standard SA seems to have.

When you own a 1 in 300 car, you'll want to do what you can to avoid morons driving into you. Has worked many times so far, seeing a car about to pull out in front of me, then stopping after noticing the lights.

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
Yeah I have my lights on too, A- When its raining, 2- when its Dark, 3- when its overcast.

And how do you know they just noticed the lights? did you have the EXACT same situation when your didnt have your fog lights on and they pulled out? You dont think that they just happen to see the "car"?

miss_vx

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
01 VX
In regards to the pic.. Why do they do it??

One answer..

It's a Ford!!

Almost as bad as one I saw today it was some ugly festiva thing with high 5 reflectors and frangapanni stickers and a massive crystle thing hanging from the review mirror..

**shakes head**

Honestly there should be a ban against stupid flower stickers on cars... I saw a VE with them all over it.. The poor thing was ba*****ised

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
My cousin has a ford festiva with a truck reversing beeper, It cracks me up everytime she reverses. :rofl:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I have my lights on too, A- When its raining, 2- when its Dark, 3- when its overcast.

And how do you know they just noticed the lights? did you have the EXACT same situation when your didnt have your fog lights on and they pulled out? You dont think that they just happen to see the "car"?

No, the fact that they hesitated means they saw the car, and changed their mind because their focus was on the lights instead. I never drive with them off, If i had a VX Exec i probably wouldn't care, as their a dime a dozen. Calais Internationals on the other hand are alot rarer.

I saw a T boned VK HDT today, and it ****ed me off, as it was probably some moron who couldn't care less about cars that hit it, and now there is one less of them on the road. I guess some people get it, other don't

You should add in number 4, when people can't drive, which is most of the time in SA.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Ok well guys they are called "Fog" lights for a reason.... And no I dont envy you for having them, I dont feel I need them, only seen fog in WA twice in 6 years.

no fog in perth? u jokin right? oh and there r 2 types of fog lights this has been covered many times but 1 is a driving light they use different lenses and globes 2 spread the light which rnt illegal the other which u know of r fog lights which r designed differently, its the fact cops cant always tell which r which while driving past thats y they get classed as illegal but the driving lights rnt.

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
no fog in perth? u jokin right? oh and there r 2 types of fog lights this has been covered many times but 1 is a driving light they use different lenses and globes 2 spread the light which rnt illegal the other which u know of r fog lights which r designed differently, its the fact cops cant always tell which r which while driving past thats y they get classed as illegal but the driving lights rnt.

Driving lights are classed under the rules of high beam cos there a spread beam arn't they? so they need to be turned off when approaching or following other traffic?

I know i want to throw bricks at people that drive with them 24/7 and i often high beam the ****s. cos thats what their doing to me.