Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

why do people hoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Simple answer to this question, because they are selfish morons who just want to have fun and don't give a crap about anyone else :)

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Why do people hoon???
Because there are people in this world that feel the need to create a absolute nuisance of themselves.
These idiots are downright dangerous and irresponsible, i never saw the need to do it, mabye i have too much respect for other people i dunno.
I agree with minux too, if i had time to snap their licence plate number it would be my pleasure to pass on that info to the boys in blue.
It's not because i'm a stick in the mud, it's because i'm a 28 year old father of two that worries about my wife each time she drives out of the garage with our kids on board, roads are dangerous enough without little turds dragging around everywhere.
Grow up fools, other people use the road too.

Marco-EFIVL

Now driving R34 GT-T taxi
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan Skyline, R34 GT-T (RB25DET NEO) sedan
Well having lost my licence for this I've had plenty of time to think about this:

Firsty, alot of it is about confidence coupled with responsibility (usually the the latter is left wanting), secondly, having a positive sense of good judgement (something I was greatly lacking) and lastly, I think it has to do with how people appoach driving.

I agree, reckless driving has no place on public roads, as Juzza once said to me, "It is all about share and care", yes, damn right I agree. However, there should be some focus put on 'recreational' driving at proper venues in a controlled enviroment, there is quite simply a woeful lack of this. For people like me who like their cars and get a rush from driving fast, pushing the limits and spinning the wheels (or whatever floats your boat), this would be a great alternative, and whatever happens at the track/stip, stays there...

However, I will say this for a bloke that (untill recently) drove a heck of a lot of miles, there needs to be a far greater enphasis by the government to improve the safety of roads by improving infrastructure an major roads and highways. It is ridiculous that in 2007 we still see narrow bitumen full of potholes along some parts of the WA countryside, it is a joke and it is quite simply a mockery upon the lack of initiative shown by both federal and state governments on this issue.

Speed limits, well on the newer parts of the highway, I'll confess I broke speed limits on these highways. Why? because in my VL commodore, one that I had been behind the wheel for as long as I could walk (I grew up on a farm, so privvie property here), so in full confidence of my vehicle and my own abilities, I drove quicker, the reason being, because the road was very safe, wide, flat, new and had much of the bushland cleared from it's edges. That is how all bloody highways in this country should be, and if 130 or whatever is safe enough to as a limit, then let it be that. If the freeway in Perth can go to 110km, then lift it 10 bloody kays, and yes I bet it would improve traffic flow as well...

Still, I find that loosing my licence to be a sobering experiance, I'd rather not have had to cop it, but now I reckon I'm better for it, now I realise that driving is a priverlage and that it isn't to be abused, which I clearly did and I paid for it. One then learns the value of being able to drive and that driving just isn't about the individual (me), but also about everyone else (you guys). One that note, I don't agree with current licencing and policing policy, cameras, speed guns, flashlights, demerit points and computerised driving test don't and will not save lives. Now, I have no answer for the policing thing, but I reckon a driving test by a certified trainer (Eg: AHG) and/or a defensive driving course, with a successful pass mark should be required to apply for P-Plates. That way, it isn't just road rules whihc are learnt, but also vital driving and handling skills which WILL save lives...

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
whats the fcukin point of this thread its going nowhere?

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
No, thats not the case at all.... i dont need a 310kw Senator to get me to the milkbar.

There is a fine line to waht you are implying... what do you define as a hoon? Dropping the clutch is hoonish as by the police and it isn't "thrashing the **** out of them"

You just dont get it.... not EVERYONE has a dragstrip avaliable to them... i know its wrong but there is no where else for people to do it!

aZk.

Ok... so you're saying that even if people cannot or unable to get to a drag strip or track would just break the bloody law and do it on the street and you're ok with that - well I'm not.
I think you don't even think about others safety on the road and how bad it could get till it kill someone!!!
JUST remember hooning is wrong, No matter what way you think it just not necessary to put someone's life in danger and break the law. (The law is there for a reason)
If they can't get to a bloody track or a drag strip then too bad ending up killing themselves or someone else is not an option.
I don't care what you say. Hoons should be off the road drag strip or not.
Even I know it cannot be stopped as there will always be illegal activity but it can be minimised.

"No, thats not the case at all.... i dont need a 310kw Senator to get me to the milkbar."
Of course you don't need a 310kw senator to get to a milk bar. But its still a car that is able to get you from A to B. Wanna play with your senator then take it to a track rather than killing some one. I know some people likes cars and do them up but need to realise that a car becomes weapon if not used properly.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
ok, clearly no one can read a post.....

i know its wrong but there is no where else to go..... IM NOT ****ING SAYING THAT I CONDONE THIS **** SO GET OFF MY GOD DAMNED BACK!

im giving you the reasons why its happening here!

i dont condone it, i still do it, but i dont think its kool... i have nasty habbits.

why do peaopl hoon? cos there is no where else to go... thats the reason, not mine, but one of them.

but hey im a wanker, what would in know???

aZk.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
No where else to go??
That's a piss poor excuse mate, i know you siad it isn't your excuse but there are tracks for this kind of thing.
You say you don't think it's cool so out of curiosity, why do you do it?
Oh, i have nasty habits too, i bite my nails.:p

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
PLease keep this to the topic at hand (what ever it is, hell I dont even know any more).
Any more personal attacks will result in the person being placed on modderated posts.
AirStrike :air:

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
No where else to go??
That's a piss poor excuse mate, i know you siad it isn't your excuse but there are tracks for this kind of thing.

hes kinda right... where can u go to go do circle work and big standstills. tracks arent what what people want. calder has a drag strip, yes ok it has a burnout pad, but the ashphelt is so high grip that it just tears ur car apart. its drag strip hot mix. ive seen **** struggling to spin on that.

plus its not worth the $50 for the like 2 mins they give you. for that much time its only worth $5.

plus for the burnout events only like 5 cars get into it and its only every 2 weeks

And if its drag racing your interested in, its not worth sitting in the line for half hour to have one drag then to sit in the line again.

thats it. thats all true. anyone who trys to tell me otherwise is full of ****.

**awaits "i know everything" comment from minux

Last edited by a moderator:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
hes kinda right... where can u go to go do circle work and big standstills. tracks arent what what people want. calder has a drag strip, yes ok it has a burnout pad, but the ashphelt is so high grip that it just tears ur car apart. its drag strip hot mix. ive seen **** struggling to spin on that.

plus its not worth the $50 for the like 2 mins they give you. for that much time its only worth $5.

plus for the burnout events only like 5 cars get into it and its only every 2 weeks

And if its drag racing your interested in, its not worth sitting in the line for half hour to have one drag then to sit in the line again.

thats it. thats all true. anyone who trys to tell me otherwise is full of ****.

**awaits "i know everything" comment from minux

I know everything comment? pfft.

So because you cant go somewhere to do these things, you are basically saying its ok to do it on the street. Where have i ever claimed i know everything? I just know right from wrong, smart from stupid, how is that so bad?

The only one i see that is full of **** is yourself. You do not need to do any of what you mentioned on a public road just because you cant do it elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.