Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why do people lower there rear more then there front!

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Ok guys., This might be dummy question of the century, but ive seen a few cars on the roads with there ass hanging to the ground with there front out of spec?! Looks like a seesaw!

What is this a factory fault from the springs or what!?

Or is it just some new craze the younger people are doing that ive missed out on....didn't think i was that old!

Regardless. It looks shithouse imo.

This thought really only occurred when a bloke i chat to said he wanted to do it to his VX Wagon....needless to say I refused to help him

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
Mine sat like that for a week but i was in the process of acquiring the correct tools to do the job,, in most cases its just cheaper an easier to get some lowered rear suspension an fit in about an hour if you know what your doing. front suspension on some cars can be a nightmare so ppl just don bother

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Mine sat like that for a week but i was in the process of acquiring the correct tools to do the job,, in most cases its just cheaper an easier to get some lowered rear suspension an fit in about an hour if you know what your doing. front suspension on some cars can be a nightmare so ppl just don bother

I can understand that. Which is fine....But if your gonna do a job finish it properly i recken!

I mean if you will never finish the front....then i wouldn't bother starting in the first place.

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
Il agree on that. never half do it. i hated my car when it was like that. but now its all lowered properly it looks heaps better.. iv seen some locals here going round lowered in the rear an i just hate it doesn even look nice., looks half ass. Same as cut springs, its just not worth doing, i dunno who decided that was a good idea but they need a good smacking across the head.. I seen one car here not long ago, drive over a speed bump an the rear spring fell out, he was lucky he wasn going to fast

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
It's because the rear springs take 5 minutes to swap and the fronts take much more effort and skill. Most kids aren't up for it and so they give up after the rear springs are in. It's a demonstration of failure :p

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
The back of both my cars is higher then the front :D looks awesome (well on the VH it does anyway)

But yeah it seems to be fashionable these days to have the back lower.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Its the invisible caravan effect.

foam, that is only half the equation, I bet rear springs are half the price also :p

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Your not cool till your car looks like a dog with worms.