Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why do people overprice their Commodores

Joshua Pevitt

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 VZ SV6 Commodore 5 Speed AUTO 3.6L
This applies to all commodore's im just posting this in the VZ thread section why do people overprice commodore's this excludes classics like Monaros, Toranas any Walkinshaw vehicles and collectable HSV's the over priced commodore's like any 6 Cylinder like for instance people overprice VY Utes and older models it's just a 6 nothing more

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Bargaining room? They might ask 8k and accept 6k for instance. People rarely pay the full asking price unless it's reasonable.

Or perhaps the car might be an exceptional example and worth a few more dollars? Too many variables to give a definitive answer.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
What does it matter what someone wants for their car? Does it offend you? If you don’t want to pay the asking price, move the on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joshua Pevitt

Reaction score
Members Ride
What does it matter what someone wants for their car? Does it offend you? If you don’t want to pay the asking price, move the F on.
listen up I was just asking a question no need to get all pissed off at me mind your own business if you have nothing good to say

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
This applies to all commodore's im just posting this in the VZ thread section why do people overprice commodore's this excludes classics like Monaros, Toranas any Walkinshaw vehicles and collectable HSV's the over priced commodore's like any 6 Cylinder like for instance people overprice VY Utes and older models it's just a 6 nothing more

The simple fact is a lot of buyers want to negotiate before they even see the item for sale.
Whenever I am selling anything I can almost guarantee there will be people who send texts or emails with the question
"hey mate, what will you take for it ?"
and my answer is always the same
"cash"
and they come back with
"no, I meant how much ?"
to which I answer
"what is it worth?"
and they answer "I don't know"
exactly, so farcough until you really want to look and buy.

Joshua Pevitt

Reaction score
Members Ride
The simple fact is a lot of buyers want to negotiate before they even see the item for sale.
Whenever I am selling anything I can almost guarantee there will be people who send texts or emails with the question
"hey mate, what will you take for it ?"
and my answer is always the same
"cash"
and they come back with
"no, I meant how much ?"
to which I answer
"what is it worth?"
and they answer "I don't know"
exactly, so farcough until you really want to look and buy.
you have a fair point right there its easy to know how much they are worth you just gotta do the right research but either way you are correct