Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why do people put VX/Monaro Tail Lights on their VT's??

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Guess what I saw this on, a HSV XU6 in chapaigne colour, I laughed then thought poor poor car. Even had custom big chrome "supercharged" badges stuck tot he qtr pannels.

The supercharged badges would be standard......

Theres no excuse for the lights tho.

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
lame. you guys that do this are ufking lame.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
The supercharged badges would be standard......

Theres no excuse for the lights tho.

I havn't seen a XU6 with those badges, they were rediculously large and did not look standard.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I havn't seen a XU6 with those badges, they were rediculously large and did not look standard.

Oh, i thought you were just exaggerating the stock holden ones lol

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
my missus friend has the monaro lights with the vt garnish on a tiga mica vt and my god it looks horrid but she thinks it looks really good lol, and just to top it off she went and put the chevy badges on too while leaving on the commodore badges and its only a v6 lol

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
my missus friend has the monaro lights with the vt garnish on a tiga mica vt and my god it looks horrid but she thinks it looks really good lol, and just to top it off she went and put the chevy badges on too while leaving on the commodore badges and its only a v6 lol
Can you accidently back your steam roller over it? :whistling

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
i recon they look good on the vt/sx's AS LONG AS THE BOOT GARBISH HASNT GOT THE LIGHTS ON IT, if it dus, then u jsut look like a wanker lol

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Why is it that I see so many people putting VX or Monaro Tail Lights on their VT's? Personally i don't think it looks that great, but that's just my opinion. Just wondering what's wrong with the VT Lights/Garnish combination.

wat a pointless thread? been covered so many times lol....... :whistling but as my opinion the Black monaro tail lights look much better as they match my blue black theme, (find me a genuine black tail light and i'll get it) so **** goin back 2 the original or berlina/calais lights every man n his dog r bein sheep and doin this y b the same?

Also the VT garnish only looks horrid if it hasnt been painted AND prepped properly 2 match, if its left red then yes its gay and outer place. The VT garnish looks so much better than the VX aswell. :thumbsup:

CHEETR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT feature car, WRX STI WAGON
ROFL. You can't tell how stupid that looks can you?
it looks good actually the VX calais/berlina garnish is the same colour as the monaro lights. where as the vt garnish is a darker maroon colour so it dosnt suit.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
it looks good actually the VX calais/berlina garnish is the same colour as the monaro lights. where as the vt garnish is a darker maroon colour so it dosnt suit.

No, it still looks stupid. Just moreso with VT garnish.