Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why doesnt it sound right....

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
I just installed some pioneer 6x9's into the back of my commy. Ive got 4 speakers running off my head unit (a kenwood kdc-229), 4x50w. I found it to be lacking in heaps of bass. I was messing around with the balance and so on and found that if i select it to play on one side only, there is heaps of bass but with both sides running, its just high treble. The 6x9 cone is moving the same amount as before when to one side only, although there just isnt any bass.

If i run another different 6x9 next to it (ie one pioneer, the other a misc brand), it would still have the same amount of bass as just running it with one side. As soon as i put the same type in together, its just complete bass loss.

Can someone give me a good reason what is going on?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Sure thing mate, no problem.....you've accidently reversed the wiring on ONE of your speakers, swap one around and see what happens....doof doof!

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
So your talking about the +/- wires right? Ill give it a shot tomorrow and come back with the results. Thanks for the fast response :)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I'm refering to the wires that are running to the speakers, not the +\- power wires to the cd player.

Even if they are correct at the speaker end, try swapping them anyway, as the mistake may have occured when wiring in the cd player. Swapping the speaker wires is a lot easier then swapping them behind the head uit.

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
well, swapping the +/- wires running to one of the speakers fixed the no bass problem. They are correct at the head unit end, and are correct at the speaker end, but wasnt correct at the wiring harness end (where the factory plug has the option for rear speakers, i connected my wires to that, must of connected a positive to a negative wire etc etc).

All fixed now, lots of doof doof :p

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
12Voltking said:
Sure thing mate, no problem.....you've accidently reversed the wiring on ONE of your speakers, swap one around and see what happens....doof doof!

Damn your good.. haha "Admires"

Maybe you should give me advice about my stereo, I'll pm you one of these days.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Just call me King....or....THE DOCTOR MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*coughcough*HAHAHAHA

sorry, had a furball.