Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why put the battery in the boot???

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
problem sounds familiar.....

had a vn ss that once got hot it would not turn over till it cooled down.....put new starter motor in and it was fine like what one guy said up above

budgieVH

get in shut up nd hang on
Reaction score
Members Ride
Injected 5ltr VH SL/E-VH Blue 202-GQ Nissan Patrol
I hace the same problem in mu vh.same 5ltr engine.. If its cold starts fine once i take car for drive wont crank.... Leace it for fee hours come back and its all sweet

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
yer its called engine heat soak. same thing in my old vk. did a reco on the starter and fine

uwishn you got any close up pics of the battery mounted.

Ryback

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais V8 Manual
ryback- my battery is not in the boot for that reason,i brought a battery holder and mounted it in the engine bay as can be seen on my vl thread.
also post a thread up of you're vl, reaper will love it lol.

Thanks for this...And nice car

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute

Walkinshaw1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl
Just got myself a real nice VL Walkinshaw rep. running a 5l manual out of a 98 SS Commodore running a clubsport management system.

The issue is the batter is been moved to the boot when the upgrade was done last year so when cold the "Beast" (as my 4 year old boy calls it) starts well every time without miss. Get it up to running temp and it a whole different story.

It tries to start but just sounds like a flat battery, if i leave it for 30min, still sounds like a flat battery still but will start.

Car has a new (X large) battery, auto sparkie says it not pulling the amps when hot, standed problem with putting battery in the boot he said.

Looking at putting battery back under the hood, can anyone tell me why this seems to be the "in" thing with v8's and should i leave it there or move it back.

View attachment 134145View attachment 134146

Walkinshaw1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl
Old post I know but the reason people put the battery in the boot with VL's when converting to fuel injected is because on V8 body's the battey tray is were the airbox is, had they used the 6 cylinder body the battery tray is on the other side.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Battery World told me that most modern cars have their batteries in the boot. They said that batteries last longer due to being
away from the heat of the engine. I put my battery in the spare wheel well of my vh. No way I would get an 18' wheel in there.
I had originally change the battery from the front left to the front right so the air cleaner for the fuel injection would fit. My main
reason was to distribute the weight better.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
You only have to look at VE Commodores, batteries in the boot from standard. I've had my Statesman for four years and the batter has lasted that whole time and it wasn't even new when I bought it. If people can't make batteries in the boot work they're not trying hard enough.