Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wich sub for box under tray. vs ute

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Oh so its 1 cubic ft. The sub will work fine in there. Most people use a box of that size anyway and since its going in a smaller space its going to be much more effective than if it was in a sedan. A slick 12 would be able to get a decent amount of output out of that and its a decent sub so its sound quality will also be good. That said, there is no need to limit yourself, you could even get something as good as a BlackAir 12 if you wanted even more sound quality. Its all really going to be dependent on how accurate you want your sound to be and how much output you would like.

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
Ive explained and shown pics of the dual bandpass enclosure for the vs to vz utes. The box design mentioned above fires the woofer directly into a metal panel and only partly into the vent going into the cabin. This causes the woofer to wear harder and faster than normal as well as it being exposed to the outside environment. It also rattles the outside of the car which is personally embarrasing. The bandpass enclosure using a 10 inch woofer ported directly into the cabin is the most effective way of getting the sound from the sub into the cabin without sacrificing space.

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
Ive explained and shown pics of the dual bandpass enclosure for the vs to vz utes. The box design mentioned above fires the woofer directly into a metal panel and only partly into the vent going into the cabin. This causes the woofer to wear harder and faster than normal as well as it being exposed to the outside environment. It also rattles the outside of the car which is personally embarrasing. The bandpass enclosure using a 10 inch woofer ported directly into the cabin is the most effective way of getting the sound from the sub into the cabin without sacrificing space.

Ummm Luke? The enclosure was designed so the sub sits on an angle, so it's not firing directly into or against metal! Also, the young girl that purchased the ute off of me, came 1st and 2nd in two S.Q events. I made sure it didn't vibrate!

P.S... I can't seem to find your thread with the specs?

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Bandpass ported into the cabin... my next project has been planned!