Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wierd central locking issue

Ethanol225

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy berlina series 2
So this is the weirdest thing I have ever seen and just caused me to have to break into my own car. I have been having some issues with the central locking and key seeming a little strange sometimes taking a few presses to open and sometimes locking itself. I have now concluded that the car locks itself when the drivers door is closed, every time. Without fail, this is what caused me to need to break into the car. I closed the door with the keys in the ignition after jumping out for a minute, car locked itself and then I found myself with a wedge and a cloth hanger breaking into my own car. I ask so seem to have lost accessory power to the interior. This could be related to my recent changing of ecu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ethan

Ethanol225

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy berlina series 2
Don’t know how to close a thread but this b**** of a car decides that it wants to be Stop doing it and behave immediately after posting and is now working flawlessly and the issue of no accessory power was because I chose a shitty earth when wiring. I’m currently trying to fix dangerously low oil pressure and the car just wants to be a pain in the ass.

Ethanol225

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy berlina series 2
Spoke too soon, still doing it. Any ideas?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Get it scanned would be my first option,
to see if there are any codes in the ECU and BMC, or historical codes, either may throw some light on the fault.
Not all codes will activate the CEL.

Ethanol225

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy berlina series 2
Get it scanned would be my first option,
to see if there are any codes in the ECU and BMC, or historical codes, either may throw some light on the fault.
Not all codes will activate the CEL.
Excuse my ignorance but I did look around for a bit for an answer but couldent get it. I have an obdII scanner but I can’t scan the car. I vaguely recall reading somewhere that the car isn’t obdII compatible and you can only use holdens tech 2 scanner, but I have also read that you can get the light on the dash to flash to show codes by shorting some sort of diagnostic thing in the fuse box.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
You can use a Tech2, where some cheaper devices are not that efficient,
However, use another professional OB2 devices, [Snapon, Autel etc:] that will do the same as a Tech2.
The Pins you need to short out are pins 5 & 6,
then read the codes as they flash,
BUT !!!
BE VERY CAREFUL,
DOING THIS,
YOU DO IT AT YOUR PERIL !

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
So this is the weirdest thing I have ever seen and just caused me to have to break into my own car. I have been having some issues with the central locking and key seeming a little strange sometimes taking a few presses to open and sometimes locking itself. I have now concluded that the car locks itself when the drivers door is closed, every time. Without fail, this is what caused me to need to break into the car. I closed the door with the keys in the ignition after jumping out for a minute, car locked itself and then I found myself with a wedge and a cloth hanger breaking into my own car. I ask so seem to have lost accessory power to the interior. This could be related to my recent changing of ecu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ethan

I know you are new here but you have posted 3 times in "The Pub" section.
Next time post in the "VY Holden Commodore" section

Im surprised none of the moderators have not moved them for you

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I had a similar issue which was caused by an aftermarket key.
Solved by getting the security code from the owners book, going to the local key cutting place, buying a programmed genuine key from the security code.