Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wife hit a possum with my GTS!!!!!! ARGHHHH!

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Bad luck there mate, watch out for wallabies as well they pack some serious punch.

Not that i have hit one yet.

QLD roads, are a disgrace no doubt.

Cheers.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
definitely possum and not wombat? sounds like a lot of damage from a small little possum. wombats though destroy front of cars. the damage ive seen down at the snow.... far out. its like hitting a boulder. the little nuggets are built tough thats for sure.

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
hit 3 roos on seperate occasions driving 40k's to work in previous **** vehicles before getting the whistle things i guess.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
i reckon the whistles work!

i live in ACT, and its roo central at dusk on most major roads. havent hit one yet!

SinnieC

Reaction score
Where the cops are few & speed cameras are none QL
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Well the wife was on the way home from her friends in the middle of bum f*#k no where and said she hit a possum so she is alright and i wasn't to worried being possums are small soft cuddle creatures :)undead:) so I went and had a look at the car and its F*#KED, the front bar is hanging off (clips on the back broken off) paint has been ripped off and spotties look like they held on with one bolt at most as i can wobble them around with one finger. I'll put some pics up once I'm finished calling my insurance company.
they may be small soft and cuddly but they're tougher than concrete nails.....Hope your wife did the right thing and checked that the little bugga was in fact dead before continuing on. People hear the thump or see the damage to the car and think no way that animal survived........Last month a possum ran on the highway and right under the wheels of a roadtrain.....you would've sworn it was dead but when the truck passed here he was trying to paw himself off the road (he was good from the waist up but bad from the waist down so I put him to sleep and took him off the road) Lost count the number off times I've had to kill an animal someone else has hit and just left to die slowly, gives me the sh**s and I hope the law that was supposed to be brought in regarding hitting and leaving animals is brought in (note-with exceptions as truckie wouldn't have even known he'd run over the possum).
Would like to see some pics when you get a chance to post them. The worst animal to hit is, in my opinion, pigs....I reckon you'd have less damage if you drove into a boulder haha.

Where's sash when you need her?...
Troy, yeah there was a few. ALLOT worse in the more rural area's though. We should hunt and eat the bastards. Don't make bad tucker. Wouldn't be expensive either.

Problem is many farmers dont allow shooting on their propertys because idiots who can't aim have hit livestock in the past. Also the roo population is only going to get worse now because Russia isn't buying the meat anymore so there is no money in it for shooters (may have changed again not 100% sure).

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
It'd be alright if you had a market for the meat in Australia.
You would have to be licensed like every other trader in the country too. That would help stop Yahoo's shooting dasie.