Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wildfire SS Ute

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
I just spoke to the bloke who will be doing the work on my ute. He wants to use Whiteline Sway Bars – 22mm in the Rear and 26mm on the Front (or strut brace :) ) I mentioned what you just said about drivability etc. he said that the only issue would be if I’m driving up a steep driveway on an angle it might lift one of my tyres up. In regards to driving though, he said it would be amazing for everyday and track…

Is Whiteline any good?

I agree with you in regards to the Strut Brace, makes the engine bay look nicer ;)
What do you mean by pimped though, what can you do to them to make them look better?
Yea I love my rims.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
mate, give HTD Central Queensland a call for a cam package. They do some great work.
Don't know if its too far for you though.

Thanks mate, these guys are in Mackay though? Which is about 1,000kms drive from me haha.

maka5

-=U=-
Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SS M6
Hahaha sh!t 1,000 km....

whiteline is the way to go man...
get both front and rear swaybars and then get a strutbrace for the engine bay if you want.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Hahaha sh!t 1,000 km....

whiteline is the way to go man...
get both front and rear swaybars and then get a strutbrace for the engine bay if you want.

Oh I may have stuffed up here... strutbrace is the one that sits in the engine bay isn't it. What does it do, just increase the stiffness more?
Thought that was the sway bar lol shows how much I know about them...
And the sway bar sits underneath with the suspension?

EDIT: Just spoke to Paul (the bloke who will do the work)
He reckons the strut bar will make bugger all difference.

Last edited:

Poison Ivy MY10ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10SSV Sedan
like you I want to tighten up the ride a bit so upgraded sway bars is the way to go, in previous threads whiteline got the tick of approval
these forums are a great way to learn stuff :) and learn the right terms..
I want to pimp up my engine bay a bit (away from standard anyway), I've removed the turtle, and am thinking of replacing the dip stick (you can get a chrome dagger handle instead of naf yellow ringlet...)and all caps with maybe engraved chrome.. (not sure yet), engine cover (black walkinshaw) and I thought a black or carbonfibre looking strutbrace (it may not make too much performance difference but call me shallow I reckon it would tart up the engine bay nicely)
chrome washer reservoir, fuse box etc, there's some good(?) ideas at this site
Products / HOLDEN Bits / Super One Auto