Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wildfire SS Ute

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Dont you wish that their was E3 MORPHEUS MALOO :)

Would be nice! I'm interested to see what the new Chlorophyll colour will be like though :)

nice ute buddy...but why get a maloo ? you only get a fancy bodykit and .2L extra big woop..id say with that money you could get some pretty decent go fast bits for the SS

Cheers mate, a few things really.
I really love the look of the Maloo, looks tough as in my opinion. There aren't as many on the roads and I like to have a unique car.
I went and got quotes for all of the go fast bits for my SS and it would have been fantastic.
The Maloo comes standard with bigger brakes, double plate clutch and better gearbox. The clutch and brakes would need replacing on my SS once I got over the 300rwkw level which would have easy cost $6-7k for decent ones.
The money id save on this plus a little extra cash will get me a Maloo. It's kinda the same theory of just buying an SS instead of performance enhancing an SV6.

Plus, c'mon it's a HSV Maloo! What a statement haha! :)

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Have to agree, really - as much as I dislike the T56 in the SS - the Maloo isn't worth the extra (new car price). Personally, I'd make this one unique - and wait for the TR6060 (or anything better than the T56) to filter down into the low-life models before upgrading. Unless you can get a Maloo for MUCH less than the aftermarket work, it's not worth it in my opinion. The aftermarket gear will be a lot better (though 6pot AP brakes ain't bad if they've been optioned!).

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
It's kinda the same theory of just buying an SS instead of performance enhancing an SV6.

Plus, c'mon it's a HSV Maloo! What a statement haha! :)

not really, u have to spend a fair bit of money to get an SV6 to get to the same power as even a stock SS, a couple of minor mods and ur past Maloo power.

a personally customised car isnt a statement???

that being said i would like a HSV, but the hassle and extra money id most likely have to spend to get one (which would most likely be stock), wouldnt be worth it compared to what i have now. but its ur money, do what u want :)

stick a cam in ur ute, and u wont look back, thats what i did :)

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Yea I dunno guys, tough decision. I'll be keeping an eye out for a cheap Maloo still. Second hand of course.

Never know though, I may take a liking to the new Chlorophyll colour and want another SS :p
Either way, I'm keen to get some work done and want a lumpy Cam!

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
I like the idea of it. Somebody that has alot of money and needs a work ute, they cant buy a maloo coz its to dressed up so they buy a gxp.
But personally, i love the maloo for their side skirts, rear, and the place in top were it writes maloo. Makes it look tough. Front isnt such a big deal as all the hsv range have it. Also i dont think they are series 3 ,so you wont get the IQ upgrade? I could be wrong

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Thanks guys, nothing on the net has taken my fancy yet.
Which is a good thing as I'm not in a hurry to sell and buy.
I still very much enjoy my ute, but in saying that I would probably sell it if the opportunity arose.