Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wilkinshaw power pack

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Here is the VCM OTR set up on my SSV, and it retains the maf too.
IMG_1072.jpg

Cilyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV series 2 Ute
I sound like an idiot but what is maf?

gsh1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV ute XYZ XYZ
Bigjim: I'm same - have vcm maf retained plus vcm headers, vcm 3 inch exhaust plus tune. Walky overpriced rebranded gear. But I'm no expert; each to their own

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
The maf is a sensor that basically detects how much air is coming into your motor.
From what I hear, a mafless tune can be more responsive and pick up slightly more power, but at the same time is illegal to remove the maf. However if you have a good tuner you won't notice a difference between and maf or mafless tune.

gsh1970, I've got the VCM OTR, VCM 3inch catback and a VCM Tune done to the car, very very happy. I'll be going back there eventually for extractors and cams.
And I do agree, Walkinshaw is overpriced, I personally wouldn't go with them. And until HSV085 brought up the warranty side of things, I was under a different impression in that regard.

gsh1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV ute XYZ XYZ
Bigjim: I got the extractors at same time but not sure what the gain is - check out the vcm 21 cam - I'm thinking that's the go

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Bigjim: I got the extractors at same time but not sure what the gain is - check out the vcm 21 cam - I'm thinking that's the go
That's the one I plan to go for, but I will discuss things further with them when the time comes :)