Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

will 308 roller rockers fit 304 ?

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
I would go check, but don't really wanna pull the rockers off now that they're on there, all oiled up, and got cam lube on the ends of the pushrods...all ready to go! :)

SRH-420

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX WAGON
Cheers for the info guys i will do as said above and check them out. I will let you know how i go thanks once again

VK_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V6
FYI there are two pairs for the old carby heads, two front and two back, if you swap them around does it get any better?
All the aftermarket rockers I've seen for early heads are symmetrical and fit the same no matter how you swap them around...?

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
It states 2x front and 2x back pairs for each head in Yella Terra's fitting instructions and to check you have not mixed them, don't make me dig them out and quote the actual differing dimensions they state.
As from the above photo, maybe you did not pay enough attention when fitting.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
yep, mine are symmetrical, never head of a front or back. if its the case, i guess i just 'lucked it' and got them all right without trying.

?:(
What type are they?
You may be alright with some other types but not race style shaft mount, they come in the box 4x one and 4x the other and will not line up correctly if installed in the wrong place, it will still work and it is not much but it will wear unevenly on the tip and valve guide.

VK_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V6
I'm pretty sure its the later (VN) heads that have the different ones like you're describing, not the early heads

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
PFI heads are symmetrical. ie there is no alternating of valve arrangement between the inlet and exhaust.

VK_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V6
PFI heads are symmetrical. ie there is no alternating of valve arrangement between the inlet and exhaust.
I don't disagree with that, its the slight offset of the valve in relation to the pedestal. There is a photo around somewhere (can't find it at present) which shows it nicely on the Yella Terra rockers, one of each pair has the roller tip slightly off centre