Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will 50" plasma fit on Backseat of VP sedan?

tonza

Beers & Blastbeats
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VX Exec S2
42" in the box fit in the back of my VP. It may JUST fit but dont risk it. mine had to sit on a slight angle though. Getting it through the door hole is the tricky bit haha.
Roofracks FTW

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
50" TV wouldn't fit in the back of my WH Statesman while still in the box, so I doubt it will fit in a VP. I ended up going back home and getting a trailer.

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
i fixed it for you

You can lay plasmas down completely flat as long as your not moving it. Its the thin piece of glass that can flex when transported that causes the issues

We actually had a pallet of 50's come in that were all sitting on top of each other flat. from the factory
Took one out, worked fine and sold the rest with no problems

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I've seen a AU struggle to fit a 42". they had to remove the back seat. We recently fit a 42" into a FG, just!. But i had no issues with a 40" in the back of a VT. and the VP is as wide but taller in the roof over the VT.

If i missed someone saying this sorry only read the OP post. Don't forget you can't lay it down in anyway. the plasma tv's must stay upright all the time. if it's an lcd no issues.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Ended up just gettin a crate from back of the shop. Layed the plasma on it's face in the box. Tied to tow ball n started the drag home. Got it home in several pieces after hittin sum pedestrians n the odd powerpole.

Nah all fitted in the back perfect. Didn't bother tryin in box but it may have just fitted.

Out of box fitted perfect on the trans tunnel. Didn't have to take out subs or back seat just sat it on sum styrofoam
Then had to deal with a pioneer receiver in box nxt to me on the pass seat.

All hooked up now. Real happy. Thanks for all the comments. But I got it in so suck it who said no go

No chance for a 60" 55-57" bout the max.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
one of the best things about those old commos is they can take a heck of a load in the rear.

schoey3

Bass heads ' r ' us
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE Omega, 03 VY Exec
yeah true that.

zapper-l67

LS# Eat One Today...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
fold it in half.