Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

will a vp bujck ute exhaust fit a vs ecotec ute?

royinthegreyshirt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs dunga ute
Hi everyone, I've put the aftermarket exhaust (front of y pipe back) next to stock ecotec exhaust both from a ute and they look pretty close to lining up. I've done some research and it says that the sedans don't line up but nothing on Utes. Anyone have experience in this area?
thanks,
Roy

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
I do know VR sedans and wagons are different to VS sedans and wagons. VS y-pipe is in the centre where VR runs under the passenger floor.

Was still able to use the VR exhaust with slight modification when I dropped in an ecotec. Only had to heat and bash a bit to clear the engine to auto trans mount bracket.

royinthegreyshirt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs dunga ute
I've been under Utes from VP series 1 to VS series 2 and they are all the same underneath. All manual, not sure if there is a difference between auto and manual

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
VN-VR V6 and VS V8 are the same when using same body, ute to ute, sedan to sedan etc. VS V6 is different. Cat location is different and the connection to the cat is different. Will not bolt straight up. VS series 3 ute is different again, series 1 and 2 will not fit series 3.

Engine pipes are different too, the VN-VR has a cross over in front of the transmission then joints together to single and the cat bolts on. The VS has longer pipes that come together at the cat which is part of the engine pipe assembly. The VN-VR pipes will not bolt to the VS manifolds. The VN-VR manifolds will not bolt to the VS engine.

Even using extractors, the system off the VN-VR is different.