Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

will a VT sedan series1 bcm work in a VX

r2e2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L ute
Just wrecking a 98 vt v6 sedan executive and have a 2002 VX acclaim wagon. Would the bcm work in it or are they different. Both v6 autos

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You would need the keys from it, and the BCM and ECU are linked I believe. Short answer AFAIK is no because of security. There's probably a few other differences.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
You'll need ecu, bcm & key head from donor vehicle for a bolt in swap. Or if you've got access to a tech 2, you can link the bcm to your ecu.

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
You'll also need to link the BCM to all the major sensors like airbags.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
You need the same part number BCM to do a proper swap. I've seen people use newer BCMs in older cars but never the reverse. Also I would assume a VT Exec would only have a LOW BCM where the VX Acclaim would have a MID BCM to operate all the extra features especially electric windows.

Also swapping all computers and key won't work in this case as VT and VX ECUs use different wiring connectors

r2e2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L ute
Thanks guys. Person buying was a time wasting no show but i kept bcm and key. The VX has cruise all airbags and power windows so prob would be a mid bcm. Will findout when i wreck out VX. Chears